Usufruct - Cancellation

My original question has been 'lost' in amongst other posts and other responses, so here it is again under a topic of its' own.

We simply want to sell our house and land, and move to somewhere bigger because our daughter is growing up.

I have a usufruct from Mother-in-Law, as the property was originally bought in her name. After satisfactory registration of the usufruct, the freehold title was transferred to my wife.

Our lawyer is presently away on holiday, so can someone just inform me how to withdraw / cancel my usufruct once we find a buyer.

Thank you.

My original question has been 'lost' in amongst other posts and other responses, so here it is again under a topic of its' own.

We simply want to sell our house and land, and move to somewhere bigger because our daughter is growing up.

I have a usufruct from Mother-in-Law, as the property was originally bought in her name. After satisfactory registration of the usufruct, the freehold title was transferred to my wife.

Our lawyer is presently away on holiday, so can someone just inform me how to withdraw / cancel my usufruct once we find a buyer.

Thank you.

Sorry I do not know the answer, but can I interpose some questions? I have seen usufructs mentioned several times on TV. A usufruct is not recognized in most of the U.S. (Louisiana, with its civil law, being one of the few places it is recognized). Can somebody tell me how a usufruct differs from a lease? Is there a time limit on one? Do you pay for it? What is the Thai word for it? Can a foreigner hold a usufruct on real property in Thailand? A usufruct would typically allow somebody to enjoy the fruits of farming covered land, but I know a foreigner cannot do that, so exactly what is this thing in Thailand?

Thank you.

Sorry I do not know the answer, but can I interpose some questions? I have seen usufructs mentioned several times on TV. A usufruct is not recognized in most of the U.S. (Louisiana, with its civil law, being one of the few places it is recognized). Can somebody tell me how a usufruct differs from a lease? Is there a time limit on one? Do you pay for it? What is the Thai word for it? Can a foreigner hold a usufruct on real property in Thailand? A usufruct would typically allow somebody to enjoy the fruits of farming covered land, but I know a foreigner cannot do that, so exactly what is this thing in Thailand?

Read this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Wanted-Usufr...Th-t171307.html

Thank you.

I had one on a house, when I came to sell it I simply signed a paper ( in Thai!!) at the land station and it was gone. Not a problem

Thank you.

I had one on a house, when I came to sell it I simply signed a paper ( in Thai!!) at the land station and it was gone. Not a problem

Thank you, thank you. A last, a reply to the question I raised. I just so wish that people would answer questions, or not post at all. It's totally annoying to get issues clouded when someone decides to go off on a tangent, clouding the original issue.

Was the paper you signed drawn up by your lawyer, or a standard pro-forma from the Land Office? Might be pedantic here, but when you say 'land station', do you mean your Provincial Land Office?

Cheers.

Thank you.

Dear Lannatyne,

It is a very simple transaction, you go together with your wife to the land office, bring the 2 originals of Usufruct agreement you have (if not file a report that such is (are) lost with the local police), your passport, your wife's Id Card and House register plus the original title deed and apply to cancel the registration of usufruct. There will be some small fees to be paid and after all process is completed, the title deed will be free from the registration.

Dear Lannatyne,

It is a very simple transaction, you go together with your wife to the land office, bring the 2 originals of Usufruct agreement you have (if not file a report that such is (are) lost with the local police), your passport, your wife's Id Card and House register plus the original title deed and apply to cancel the registration of usufruct. There will be some small fees to be paid and after all process is completed, the title deed will be free from the registration.

OP you can wait until you sell property and are ready sign over title to buyer. At that time you cancel usufruct as stated above.

Edited by ballbreaker

Dear Lannatyne,

OP you can wait until you sell property and are ready sign over title to buyer. At that time you cancel usufruct as stated above.

Thanks Sam (enjoy your Gazette articles, BTW) and Ballbreaker. That's my question answered, so as far as I'm concerned, this topic can now be closed. No need for anyone to go off on tangents - ahem.....

Read this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Wanted-Usufr...Th-t171307.html

Wow, thanks! That is a great piece on usufructs and gave me more understanding in the 15 minutes it took me to read it than I've been able to glean with questions in two years.

Sorry I "clouded" your issue, Lannatyne (which I thought was usufructs), but I sure am glad I asked. This is great forum!