What About Koh Samet Prices & Service ?

steven100

Hi all , I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has an opinion on Koh Samet ..

Just got back from Koh Samet , there were a group of us that stayed two nights there.

I just want to make mention regarding how the standard of service has depreciated over the past as well as room maintenance and the place in general.

Where we stayed , the lady was only interested in her money !! that's all... we paid the cash ..(bht6,500)..went to the room and as usual , the shower head sprayed more water on the door & walls than on me , the electrical sockets were broken, not one towel rail in the room or the bathroom so I don't know where they expect you to hang a towel out. ( except outside there was two broken wooden racks).

The small round concrete BBQ cooker we had out the front was as old as me and no ash tray.

Anyway , the list goes on ...

They just do not care about spending one cent on upkeep & replacement ...

Also, I noticed at the bars and when ordering food the service & food left a lot to be desired.

The prices are getting up around western & european prices but the infrustructure & service is getting worse. I think a change is eminant next time.

Cheers :)

steven100

Where did you stay?

Anyway Koh Samet has always been overpriced, because it's the closest (almost) nice island to Bkk.

hi frenchFARANGbkk, we stayed at Sea Horse resort Von Duen beach..

It was ok.. but I just think the place is getting worse for service etc...

cheers.. :)

steven100

I always thought Koh Samet was a little off key...

The first beach is okay for partying as alot of farangs but nothing fancy

The second bay with the little pier is more Thai orientated and a little nicer in my opinion but quieter..

Never furthered around more than that...

If i'd paid 6.500 baht for 2 nights and it was a dump i would have demanded my money back.

Go to Hua Hin and the Marriot courtyard on the beach front is only B2,600 if you rock up to the desk book via the net and as little as 1,500 baht for a truly 4 slash 5 star experience for little money....

bah to koh samet.....

fly to Phuket or krabi and stay in a nice hotel for 6,500 baht....

ripped off in opinion!

I always thought Koh Samet was a little off key...

The first beach is okay for partying as alot of farangs but nothing fancy

The second bay with the little pier is more Thai orientated and a little nicer in my opinion but quieter..

Never furthered around more than that...

If i'd paid 6.500 baht for 2 nights and it was a dump i would have demanded my money back.

Go to Hua Hin and the Marriot courtyard on the beach front is only B2,600 if you rock up to the desk book via the net and as little as 1,500 baht for a truly 4 slash 5 star experience for little money....

bah to koh samet.....

fly to Phuket or krabi and stay in a nice hotel for 6,500 baht....

ripped off in opinion!

sanook2me, just to let you know we were a group of 12 people so bht 6,500 for two nights is not ripped off. My comment was that the standards have deminished somewhat & the service certainly lacks any credibility.

cheers :)

steven100