Where To Buy A Rice Cooker That Cooks Sticky Rice?

martin.agren

Been to Big C, Carrefour and Tesco Lotus to look for a rice cooker for 2 persons. I would like it to be able to cook sticky rice without having to submerge it into water for 3 hours before. As far I have only found one Panasonic cooker at Big C and Carrefour with a size of 1.8 l. I think it is a little bit to big. Do you know where I can find other rice cookers?

Been to Big C, Carrefour and Tesco Lotus to look for a rice cooker for 2 persons. I would like it to be able to cook sticky rice without having to submerge it into water for 3 hours before. As far I have only found one Panasonic cooker at Big C and Carrefour with a size of 1.8 l. I think it is a little bit to big. Do you know where I can find other rice cookers?

As far as I know you can't use the std rice cooker, it must be steamed using a bamboo ie material over an unusual pot.....and the rice is not your std rice, it's particular type of rice

As far as I know you can't use the std rice cooker, it must be steamed using a bamboo ie material over an unusual pot.....and the rice is not your std rice, it's particular type of rice

Just asked the wife and she says you cannot cook sticky rice in a rice cooker.It has to be steamed..She says a rice cooker will just make it wet....It won't be sticky rice if its cooked in a rice cookewr just comes out as normal rice .....We cooked a mixture of rices brown etc which inludes 55 sticky rice which makes a nice healthy mix..

No its supposed to be a rice computer (or something like that, they call it something with computer). I know it can be done, my brother has one in Sweden that can cook sticky rice instantly. The cooker comes with a special tray where you put the rice and it steams it. The good thing is that you don't need to submerge it into water for three hours before. But that feature does not come with all the rice "computers", some you need to submerge the rice into water first.

I've got a Hitatchi BM-10 ''Fuzzy Rice Cooker' It's just the right size for 2 people but can cope with larger ammount.. Pretty certain I bought it in Homepro.. It has settings for Jasmine, Sticky and Brown rice plus it can make rice porridge too.. excellent product and wasn't expensive either..

I've got a Hitatchi BM-10 ''Fuzzy Rice Cooker' It's just the right size for 2 people but can cope with larger ammount.. Pretty certain I bought it in Homepro.. It has settings for Jasmine, Sticky and Brown rice plus it can make rice porridge too.. excellent product and wasn't expensive either..

Can you cook sticky rice without having to submerge it into water prior to cooking? If so, i think i've found my cooker.

Well wife has one that has a round tray that goes in it, she just puts a piece of plastic screen (window screen) in the bottom of the tray, water in the cooker and works fine. Rice isn't in the water, just gets the steam. Think the tray was for steaming the buns, but works fine for sweet rice. She soaks the rice about 3 hours before cooking. The cooker came from Bic C or Power Buy.

post-62801-1249990223_thumb.jpg