Accord Coupe In Thailand?

This looks like a great car and a pleasant change from the large 4-door sedans.

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-coupe/

I've never seen one on the road here so I assume they aren't for sale in LOS. Any ideas as to why??? It seems they want everyone in this segment to buy a Civic. The streets of Chiang Mai are full of them, but I never really liked the shape. The Accord Coupe looks much nicer.

Any ideas why its not for sale?

I've never seen one on the road here so I assume they aren't for sale in LOS. Any ideas as to why??? It seems they want everyone in this segment to buy a Civic. The streets of Chiang Mai are full of them, but I never really liked the shape. The Accord Coupe looks much nicer.

I've never seen one on the roads here in Bangkok either. I'd like to see it for a reasonable price.

But given that the Nissan 370Z is 4.4MB I wouldn't imagine an accord Coupe coming in at less than 2.5 or even 3.0MB. The BMW coupes are also about +/- 2MB more than the sedan models.

Its a shame as I think the Coupe models are always significantly better looking than the sedan models.

salesvolume too small in LOS for coupe and stationwagon Accord made in LOS. Unfortunately. Imported it would cost approx 3 mill for a 2,4.

There are some pre 1997 Prelude around.

A real shame that they decide there isn't a market for it here. I bet many young Civic fans would love to drive an Accord Coupe instead. Oh well. I guess I am in the wrong country for automobile selection!

I would even like to buy a Honda Legend Coupe, but it look like 2 door coupes aren't very popular on the Asian market, because they care about putting the whole family in a car. Western Peaple drives manytimes alone or only with their wifes or girlfriends. But Asiens only travel in Families, so they prefere 4 d cars or even Pick Up Trucks. To sad!

I go home and ‘wow’ at the cars on offer…. as much as I hate it, I have to deal with the fact that the taxes and inflated prices as they are exist here and it won’t change soon. Given that, I’d still like an opportunity for more choice.

And…

It’s hard to drive in a country where a £54k GTR costs 8MB *(£140k+)…

…. The list is endless….

Two door vehicles are NOT popular in Thailand. Some time back I was browsing in a used car lot and was looking at a two door something, I don't remember what brand but it looked nice. My wife immediately commented that anyone buying a two door car was stupid.

Two door vehicles are NOT popular in Thailand. Some time back I was browsing in a used car lot and was looking at a two door something, I don't remember what brand but it looked nice. My wife immediately commented that anyone buying a two door car was stupid.

No, this could turn around and i would say: I need ONLY a 2 door car, because i don't have family and i don't waisting money to take in care a whole family and some childern, wich not belong to me. Mayby that's a little bit harsch, but i see sooo many farangs, buying a Pick Up Truck, just to take care their girlfriends whole family and back in Europe they never done that. Why they do it here? BTW, what locals not consider: a 2 door car is ALWAYS more stable (in the similar class) as a 4 door car. So i wouln't consider this as stupid.

You can argue until cows come home - two door cars don't sell here. Period.

Honda isn't going to build 270hp Coupe in Thailand when they can't sell even four door sedans with that power.

There IS some market for two door coupes, but not for Honda. Benz and BMW or some other Euros, but not Accord.

As for young Civic lovers - the Coupe is way way out of their league. They are still hooked on a fifteen year old hutchback, just seen some local race on the news.

Honda couldn't even find market for much cheaper Civic TypeR, even if shared with Australia. Those racers just don't exist in any significant numbers.

You can argue until cows come home - two door cars don't sell here. Period.

Honda isn't going to build 270hp Coupe in Thailand when they can't sell even four door sedans with that power.

There IS some market for two door coupes, but not for Honda. Benz and BMW or some other Euros, but not Accord.

As for young Civic lovers - the Coupe is way way out of their league. They are still hooked on a fifteen year old hutchback, just seen some local race on the news.

Honda couldn't even find market for much cheaper Civic TypeR, even if shared with Australia. Those racers just don't exist in any significant numbers.

It's depend on the class of the buyers. I mean how comes that a 20 year old 126 Benz, 500 SEL cost arround 200 and something k, but a 500 SEC cost about 700'k to 1'2 million Baht?

There are differences and somehow, somebody pay those high prices. Of corse you can't turn the whole country around and tell them to drive 2 door cars. This is the same as you try to tell your Thaiwife or GF to eat western food instead of Som Tam. This not works either. It's a culture thing. I think 2 door cars only for farangs or Thais who groved up in a Western Counrty. They have the knowlege about, but Locals they never see a for example Honda Legend Coupe or a Chevrolet Corvette in their life. So how they can love it, when they not even know about? And another thing: High import taxes makes owning a coupe almost impossibile.

But i 'm a European, living here for 15 years now and i prefere always a 2 door coupe. There is noone can change me either. This is the oppisite way, as i ONLY drove nice american Coupes or Sportcars in Switzerland (from Cadi to the Vette). Yes i have 4 door cars as well, but with a nice Coupe i can fall in love, doesn't matter if it's american, italian or Japanese. But of corse i prefere the american ones.

Usually Honda didn't sell Type R JDM around the world.

But the last model FD2R they start to sell in Malaysia and Singapore. The price is about 2M baht

But in in Thailand it wil cost more than 3M and the young guys would prefer for that amount Evo or STI wich is much faster and powerful then Type R