Love And Money

donsaiyuan

Now wait a minute am I understanding this correctly?

You are willingn to part with a girl that comes from Isaan that has nothing to hide from you.

And the trade off is that you want to start the relationship with a potential lawyer.

Hmmmmm! Think about what you are saying!

Lawyers cannot be trusted. None of them.

As a lawyer, I found (as did my pastor) that if there was peace and love throughout the world, I'd be out of work. Fortunately, there are also those who are ignorant. They frequently add to the world's disruption, and therefore sometimes to my bank account.

I'm a man with an ex-wife, two dead mothers, three sisters, three daughters, seven granddaughters, and at least one Thai boyfriend. I think the OP needs to find another partner...next year. And go withought one for now.

Now the tune for the 12 Days of Christmas is running through my mind!

I'm a man with an ex-wife, two dead mothers, three sisters, three daughters, seven granddaughters, and at least one Thai boyfriend. I think the OP needs to find another partner...next year. And go withought one for now.

post-28619-1250598778.jpg

From an anthropolgical point of view, I find it interesting that age differences are never mentioned in these many many posts here on tv.

You're writing style suggests you are of, er mature years? And you're referring to these two women as girls. So. How old are you? And how old are they? I believe neither one of them have a clue what you're on about with your lovesick wafflings, and you seem to be suffering from the same delusion many farang men have here.

By the way, not having a pop at older men, some of the younger ones sincerely believe they've morphed into Tom Cruise, or Gary Oldman and actually say so, or that every shopgirl simpering over their buying a loaf of bread, or whatever, is after them for their good looks, nothing at all to do with money :)

Not to say 'love' doesn't happen, but best you all could hope for is some mutually convenient companionship. At your age.

Edited by wilsongbrown

:):D:D That's a good one! Yep, Quote of the Day

You are willingn to part with a girl that comes from Isaan that has nothing to hide from you.

And the trade off is that you want to start the relationship with a potential lawyer.

As a lawyer, I found (as did my pastor) that if there was peace and love throughout the world, I'd be out of work. Fortunately, there are also those who are ignorant. They frequently add to the world's disruption, and therefore sometimes to my bank account.

Getting involved with a female potential lawyer is a brave and courageous decision. The words foolhardy and braindead have also occurred to me. Please stay away.

Having been married to a female corporate lawyer in Europe for 25 years, believe me, as I have lived through the experience.

However, maybe you like having your head wrecked every day. Maybe you like never seeing your partner, while she works 14 or 15 hours every day, and has no time for you or the kids.

Lawyers are experts are using the English language. Therefore your point of view in any discussion will be challenged and opposed. For the sake of harmony it is easier to capitulate, but this does not lead to a healthy relationship.

To give a simple example of this, I could easily deconstruct the lawyers quote above as follows;

In the second sentence the word ''fortunately'' would be more commonly (by ordinary person) replaced with the word ''unfortunately''. These words are the exact opposite of each other.

In the third sentence the words ''sometimes'' is misleading and would be better replaced by the term ''almost always''.

It is possible that the lawyer is engaged in a lot of pro bono work, but I doubt this, as he would have used the word ''unfortunately'' if he was in touch with the common people.

There, I feel much better after this rant. Thank you

From an anthropolgical point of view, I find it interesting that age differences are never mentioned in these many many posts here on tv.

You're writing style suggests you are of, er mature years? And you're referring to these two women as girls. So. How old are you? And how old are they? I believe neither one of them have a clue what you're on about with your lovesick wafflings, and you seem to be suffering from the same delusion many farang men have here.

By the way, not having a pop at older men, some of the younger ones sincerely believe they've morphed into Tom Cruise, or Gary Oldman and actually say so, or that every shopgirl simpering over their buying a loaf of bread, or whatever, is after them for their good looks, nothing at all to do with money :)

Not to say 'love' doesn't happen, but best you all could hope for is some mutually convenient companionship. At your age.

er wha??!!! -sorry, not as old as you think, not even close. when i'm old, as you, 'er', say, I promise i'll chop it off ok? :D

both are mid-20's, and I'm 28 almost 29. one's got a kid and a former husband, -so her maturity in general is on another level. at least with respect to motherhood and family.

just had to mention though....

with regard to your ()wn writing: just a negative opinion about people you observe that you don't like. don't start with the 'delusion' rant either, your angst is easy enough to detect no matter how you veil it. -if you have issues about older guys, then take your 'pop' at them. it's the prerogative (or preoperative) of the lady and man, everywhere in all of the world at all times, age, gender, race, all aside. do you like people different than you? integrate well?

what store are you shopping at that's got you upset? sounds like an important loaf of bread he bought. she was just in the moment, so was he, let it go. "some of the younger ones". anthropological, yeah right. were you buying a broom at the time? :D forgive that high IQ with some Shiraz and chocolate. please never find my village 1000 years after it's gone.

and

wait, oh no------------------>

you have mentioned

T O M C R U I S E O N M Y P O S T, N O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O . . . . . . . . . D Y I N N N N G G . . . . .

must commence vomiting now... the ref jumps in and blows the whistle, general fleeing commences. the post has been contaminated by a 4 foot tall former hollyweird movie star that's probably a sick android that broke into a plastic surgery studio and got a screen actor's guild card. -I just have to ask, -Do You Think Tom Cruise is Hot? :D

Getting involved with a female potential lawyer is a brave and courageous decision. The words foolhardy and braindead have also occurred to me. Please stay away.

Having been married to a female corporate lawyer in Europe for 25 years, believe me, as I have lived through the experience.

However, maybe you like having your head wrecked every day. Maybe you like never seeing your partner, while she works 14 or 15 hours every day, and has no time for you or the kids.

Lawyers are experts are using the English language. Therefore your point of view in any discussion will be challenged and opposed. For the sake of harmony it is easier to capitulate, but this does not lead to a healthy relationship.

To give a simple example of this, I could easily deconstruct the lawyers quote above as follows;

In the second sentence the word ''fortunately'' would be more commonly (by ordinary person) replaced with the word ''unfortunately''. These words are the exact opposite of each other.

In the third sentence the words ''sometimes'' is misleading and would be better replaced by the term ''almost always''.

It is possible that the lawyer is engaged in a lot of pro bono work, but I doubt this, as he would have used the word ''unfortunately'' if he was in touch with the common people.

There, I feel much better after this rant. Thank you

You are welcome. And I feel much better too for you were correct; it has been some time since I have been in touch with, or as in this case, had my post commented on by, a common person.

Oh, deary - it's going through Patsy's mind too!! And it's 40 degrees outside my window... peaceblondie in the fruit tree...!! (not nasty, ok?)

Back to OP. good luck, but don't think going on the rebound is a good idea. also, I cannot imagine any man being 100% comfortable about his girlfriend going out with other men and having sex with them for money - even if it is to put food on the table. Can you imagine the conversation when she got home "well dear, was it good for you tonight?" etc.

Mind boggles...

Take care. oh, and i am just as manly as sbk.

Oh, deary - it's going through Patsy's mind too!! And it's 40 degrees outside my window... peaceblondie in the fruit tree...!! (not nasty, ok?)

Back to OP. good luck, but don't think going on the rebound is a good idea. also, I cannot imagine any man being 100% comfortable about his girlfriend going out with other men and having sex with them for money - even if it is to put food on the table. Can you imagine the conversation when she got home "well dear, was it good for you tonight?" etc.

Mind boggles...

Take care. oh, and i am just as manly as sbk.

I think a man with any self respect and morals, dumps a girl like that right away.

Of course he does, or she does in the case of the man being a gigolo. But, if they need quick money for food, rent etc. it can be a sad way to live. It's called survival. I wouldn't do it, but who says that others have had to go to these sort of lengths to pay the bills.

If this guy cannot get up off his backside and provide for his ladyfriend, then she is probably better off without him.

I find it v trying that this sort of immature, embarrassing rubbish is posted on the Ladies forum.

Sorry, but I'd be incredibly suprised if he's not a troll. If he's not - then he would get the response he deserves on the General forum.

Harsh I know, but the original post deserves it IMO. :)

If this guy cannot get up off his backside and provide for his ladyfriend, then she is probably better off without him.

is that the farang way of saying no money no honey?

no money, no honey is always true, in any culture. Womans want security. Although there are exeptions...

I find it v trying that this sort of immature, embarrassing rubbish is posted on the Ladies forum.

Sorry, but I'd be incredibly suprised if he's not a troll. If he's not - then he would get the response he deserves on the General forum.

Harsh I know, but the original post deserves it IMO. :)

I disagree. He clearly stated he wanted a female opinion, and I think he can try and ask here, as if he was wrong it would be moved anyway.

His first line was:

"I chose this forum to ask, because men won't understand, they'll just advise me to do something stupid."

I see nothing in the rules that prevent asking of a ladies opinion, and I don't mind if males drop by the ladies forum to read our stuff.

The only thing I don't like about our forum this year is that almost every topic I have been reading here (except the where do I buy xxx ones) has evolved into someone who hasn't seemed to be at all involved in the thread discussion coming in and saying those who started and engaged in the topic are trolling, when I think most of the time they aren't (specially if they started the topic and its continued this long?). This always has the result of making people think twice before posting and reduces the relevance of the thread as people start holding back from an otherwise engaged discussion.

I seriously thought about pming this rather than replying, as I am probably off-topic to write this, but I want to keep this thread on topic instead of it dissolving into a troll or no troll thread and then we lose the topic anyway, as I was enjoying reading most of the differing perspectives on his situation, and thought there were some funny replies (the tom cruise response was my TV post of the day).

Back to an opinion brought up in this thread:

I had never considered the point of view expressed by jombom either - that of being involved in a relationship with a female lawyer, would surely be tricky for a guy there. Entertaining idea to ponder over a Sunday morning cup of tea... thanks.

Back to donsaiyuan:

I do agree with most replies that you probably should take some space from the isaan girl. If she wants you to provide something you aren't willing to do, then that is that. If she is willing to do something that she (is now aware) will break you heart, that is that also that.

It means she is going to break your heart. Further.

And ask you for things you don't want to/can't give. Which, if you are at all sensitive/introspective, will probably break your heart further.

If you take out what she is asking you to do and just look at it that someone that supposedly loves you wants you to do something you strongly don't, and wants you to be happy with them doing something you can't accept and you have told them it will break your heart, then you have no choice.

It usually takes a female friend to break down a situation like this for me so that I can see if it is reasonable or not, and how it impacts me. My female friends would be saying "if she loved and respected you she wouldn't put you in this situation and you would find another way".

I don't see any happy ending here down this path.

Your heart and mind are probably troubled enough over the fact you met someone else that engages you on a different level, and you would have barely been able to contain and process it all as it was, so what girl #1 said has just pushed you over the edge.

It has given you the impetous to do something about it though, which you probably should have.

Congrats on having the big talk you described earlier with girl #1, must have been tough.

The suggestion that you should wait a bit before getting involved with girl number 2 (lawyer or not) is wise also.

I personally have been particularly good at making wise decisions when my heart is involved, so good luck being wise.

If girl #2 is genuine, she won't mind waiting, and will probably prefer not rushing into something with you if she fully understands your level of emotion regarding the other girl.

I do wish you luck.

ps I just realised I typed girl instead of woman or something else. I think that may annoy someone, as I think it did earlier. Where I am from we refer to males as men, boys, blokes, fellas etc and females as women, ladies, girls etc with no malice or ill intent. I am leaving as is as I want to go and make a cup of tea and enjoy my own life instead of trying to keep every single (potential) reader of TV ladies forum placated.

"rescueing" someone from what they do is the first mistake you can make.

IF this person is involved in something you need to rescue them from, then their sensibilities will lie with money first.

Secondly, Love needs to happen on its own, it cannot be forced, contrived, imagined, or conjured up in some magic spell.

The universe will provide you with a true partner if you are in harmony for it.

By the way, not having a pop at older men, some of the younger ones sincerely believe they've morphed into Tom Cruise, or Gary Oldman and actually say so, or that every shopgirl simpering over their buying a loaf of bread, or whatever, is after them for their good looks, nothing at all to do with money :D

er wha??!!! -sorry, not as old as you think, not even close. when i'm old, as you, 'er', say, I promise i'll chop it off ok? :D

both are mid-20's, and I'm 28 almost 29. one's got a kid and a former husband, -so her maturity in general is on another level. at least with respect to motherhood and family.

just had to mention though....

with regard to your ()wn writing: just a negative opinion about people you observe that you don't like. don't start with the 'delusion' rant either, your angst is easy enough to detect no matter how you veil it. -if you have issues about older guys, then take your 'pop' at them. it's the prerogative (or preoperative) of the lady and man, everywhere in all of the world at all times, age, gender, race, all aside. do you like people different than you? integrate well?

what store are you shopping at that's got you upset? sounds like an important loaf of bread he bought. she was just in the moment, so was he, let it go. "some of the younger ones". anthropological, yeah right. were you buying a broom at the time? :D forgive that high IQ with some Shiraz and chocolate. please never find my village 1000 years after it's gone.

and

you have mentioned

T O M C R U I S E O N M Y P O S T, N O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O . . . . . . . . . D Y I N N N N G G . . . . .

must commence vomiting now... the ref jumps in and blows the whistle, general fleeing commences. the post has been contaminated by a 4 foot tall former hollyweird movie star that's probably a sick android that broke into a plastic surgery studio and got a screen actor's guild card. -I just have to ask, -Do You Think Tom Cruise is Hot? :D

:) same same your 'girlfriends' :D

please never find my village 1000 years after it's gone.

and

you have mentioned

must commence vomiting now... -I just have to ask, -Do You Think Tom Cruise is Hot? :)

Why would anyone want to find your village anyway ? :D

But...yay..I agreed with you take on TommyC tho....PUKE! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You mention wanting the child to see her mum as independent but this and many of your other comments show that you have a weak understanding of Thai culture. I would tread very carefully here as your good intentions good easily end up causing harm, and you could end up utterly confused as to why.