Husband (thai) Looking For A Hotel To Stay In Bkk

meme

My husband will be in Bangkok getting some things done before he comes over to Canada. I am in Canada so he will be on his own and really knows nothing about Bangkok.

He needs some official translation done and he needs to go to The Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama I Road Patumwan.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where he could stay that would be around that as well as cheap places to eat. He will def not want to spend more than 1000 baht and the cheaper the better.

Thanks.

My husband will be in Bangkok getting some things done before he comes over to Canada. I am in Canada so he will be on his own and really knows nothing about Bangkok.

He needs some official translation done and he needs to go to The Royal Thai Police Headquarters on Rama I Road Patumwan.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where he could stay that would be around that as well as cheap places to eat. He will def not want to spend more than 1000 baht and the cheaper the better.

Thanks.

This is a new one. A Thai man needing directions for a hotel in Bangkok.

He could go to "uncle Rey's on Suk 4 or he could go to the Oriental. Or a thousand other joints in the 'big mango'

I, mean this is like asking a pom where he can get a get a bed in London.

I think that you're gonna have your hands full when he gets to wherever you want him to be.

He wouldn't know where to get to the local if he was standing in front of it.

Thanks.

This is a new one. A Thai man needing directions for a hotel in Bangkok.

He could go to "uncle Rey's on Suk 4 or he could go to the Oriental. Or a thousand other joints in the 'big mango'

I, mean this is like asking a pom where he can get a get a bed in London.

I think that you're gonna have your hands full when he gets to wherever you want him to be.

He wouldn't know where to get to the local if he was standing in front of it.

Believe it or not, not every Thai person spends time in Bangkok. In fact some even go out of there way to avoid it. And I was looking for a specific area around the address I stated above. He is from the South and has no contacts in Bangkok to ask. Thanks for your ignorant opinion though. Oh and PS he has been to Canada 3 times, America once and Korea twice and he seems to get on just fine.

never mind the foolishness meme. There are plenty of people with opinions on something they really can know nothing about. I know bangkok better than my husband does too.

DO NOT stay in Sukhumvit. Worst advice you could ever get. he will hate it. Guaranteed. My husband did not appreciate the arm grabbing and the touting.

I always stay in Soi Kasem San 1. There are quite a few guesthouses in there and they don't have issues with Thais at all. Wendy house is ok, as is White Lodge and A1 Inn. Its just opposite MBK, right outside the National Stadium Sky train station. and walking distance from the police station :)

never mind the foolishness meme. There are plenty of people with opinions on something they really can know nothing about. I know bangkok better than my husband does too.

DO NOT stay in Sukhumvit. Worst advice you could ever get. he will hate it. Guaranteed. My husband did not appreciate the arm grabbing and the touting.

I always stay in Soi Kasem San 1. There are quite a few guesthouses in there and they don't have issues with Thais at all. Wendy house is ok, as is White Lodge and A1 Inn. Its just opposite MBK, right outside the National Stadium Sky train station. and walking distance from the police station :D

Thanks a lot SBK :)

There is nothing like a post with helpful information.