Hotel In Nakon St & Places Of Interest

ThaiPauly

My Wife and I are visiting her eldest brother in the area next month and we need a reasonable hotel to stay in during the festival that takes place every year....(sorry I don't know what festival-something to do with "spirits"???). Can anyone enlighten me?

It will be my first trip to Nakon ST, most of my Wife's family live in Surat, which is where we got married 5 years ago. :)

We are then gonna push on down to the Sichon area, no problems finding somewhere to stay there as there is already a thread running about accomodation there.

I am expecting we will stay about 2 weeks , including the drive from Chiang Mai.

In terms of "Must See" attractions, what should I be looking out for?

Many thanks

TP

Twin Lotus Hotel, Nakhon Si Thammarat We were just there. $36 a night with breakfast. across from the Tesco lotus shopping center.

You can also check out Nakhorn Garden Hotel. about 700 baht per night with breakfast

Nakhon Garden B445 as of last month

Twin Lotus B1200+

Grand Park B600 old block / B700 new block

Ligor around B1100+

Thai Hotel B250+

ThaiLee B120+

Other hotels around as well

Things to see - waterfalls, LaemTalumpuk, Wat Phramahat, Nangtalung and the list goes on. Just drive around and you'll come across something interesting

Twin Lotus Hotel, Nakhon Si Thammarat We were just there. $36 a night with breakfast. across from the Tesco lotus shopping center.

You can also check out Nakhorn Garden Hotel. about 700 baht per night with breakfast

Twin Lotus B1200+

Ligor around B1100+

Thai Hotel B250+

ThaiLee B120+

This is great, South. Can you provide *s (max5*) and contact numbers for all some of the hotels you have identified? I will be coming to NST in October with g/f and baby and need a place to stay. Doesn't need to be the Dusit, but shouldn't be a "dump". Thanks very much,

Twin Lotus B1200+

Ligor around B1100+

Thai Hotel B250+

ThaiLee B120+

This is great, South. Can you provide *s (max5*) and contact numbers for all some of the hotels you have identified? I will be coming to NST in October with g/f and baby and need a place to stay. Doesn't need to be the Dusit, but shouldn't be a "dump". Thanks very much,

Recommend Ligor , Nakhon Garden or Grand Park as they are all central for the town centre. Twin Lotus is a few clicks out.

No real need for phone numbers as standard rates apply, less if Government employee or if you have good bargaining skills. If it is not a special occasion you will have no problems finding a room.

The only festival I can think of next month is Lad Phra in which communities pull these 'large contraptions', some with no wheels from one place to another temple, usually some distance away. This is more popular in the rural areas such as Romphibun and Lansaka. It's basically a community gathering with regular 'beer' stops along the way.

Btw: Tenth Lunar month is the next festival in October followed by Loy Kratong in November.

For 5* visit Racha Kiri Resort & Spa in Khanom, some 45 kilometers north of NST.

It is well worth the ride!

Excellent rooms and views of Khanom Bay from all rooms.

Prices starts around 2,000 THB per night.

This is great, South. Can you provide *s (max5*) and contact numbers for all some of the hotels you have identified? I will be coming to NST in October with g/f and baby and need a place to stay. Doesn't need to be the Dusit, but shouldn't be a "dump".

Phone numbers and photos are on my website, but I don't think I can post the URL here so you have to check my profile.

And it'll be the Deuan Sip festival (10th lunar month festival).

Mark...