Any Cinema In Chiang Mai With 3d Technology

Theyreallrubbish

Any cinema in Chiang Mai with the technology to show James Cameron's film Avatar?

I'm a sucker to hype and I'd like to see this in 3D

If not in Chiang Mai, do they even have this technology in Bangkok?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6799610.ece

theres an IMAX in BKK, looks like theyre showing Avatar "believe it or not" :)

Edited by Donnyboy

Nothing here in CM. So far we've missed out on several good 3D offerings - let's hope that the guys over at Airport Plaza upgrade one of their screens soon.

Not much reason for them to do so though as there isn't much competition.

Still, the West is investing in 3D to combat piracy as its still several years away from being affordable in the home so Thai cinemas should be even more incentivised to move to 3D with the universal levels of piracy.

But with the economic environment, and a Thai pattern of not investing in refurbs and upgrades, new investment will be very carefully spent, so if there isn't a cinema with it already, then I'm not too hopeful until a complete new complex is built.

Oh well, I'll be in Bangkok in a couple of weeks.

Nothing here in CM. So far we've missed out on several good 3D offerings - let's hope that the guys over at Airport Plaza upgrade one of their screens soon.

Still, the West is investing in 3D to combat piracy as its still several years away from being affordable in the home so Thai cinemas should be even more incentivised to move to 3D with the universal levels of piracy.

But with the economic environment, and a Thai pattern of not investing in refurbs and upgrades, new investment will be very carefully spent, so if there isn't a cinema with it already, then I'm not too hopeful until a complete new complex is built.

Well you'll be a bit early - Avatar is due out on December 10th. I've just seen a BBC News clip (it's available on UK Nova) about the movie and I have to say that it looks like it really will be an experience in 3D. A good excuse to take the family to the Big City, I think.

Well you'll be a bit early - Avatar is due out on December 10th. I've just seen a BBC News clip (it's available on UK Nova) about the movie and I have to say that it looks like it really will be an experience in 3D. A good excuse to take the family to the Big City, I think.

i'll wait till dec 11th when it hits the dvd stalls :)

i'll wait till dec 11th when it hits the dvd stalls :D

Then you can buy a pair of fake glasses and enjoy it in pseudo 3D :)

I will be enjoying it till the lady with the buffoon hair sits in front of the guy holding the cam :D

Edited by Donnyboy

• 2 weeks later...
Bought a TV, Samsung Plasma flat screen, last week and read the instructions last night. It is apparently 3-d ready, glasses not included. Not sure if this helps, but surprised me. Feature I reckon I will never use though.

Iain

interestingly enough Fuji Film will be unveiling a 3D digital camera this month. Im sure we are headed towards a 3D cam-corder market in the near future. Good that yr tv is future proofed in any case for this new tech.