Chinese New Year Or Any Long Weekend Early 2010

canuckdude007

Hi all,

After a google search on Chinese New Years, I found out that is on 14th of February, which happens to be on a Sunday. Does anyone knows if some business will also be closed for a few days after it?(ie, 15th, 16th)

Or is there any long weekend early in the 2010 year (from january to march)?

Thank you.

Hi all,

After a google search on Chinese New Years, I found out that is on 14th of February, which happens to be on a Sunday. Does anyone knows if some business will also be closed for a few days after it?(ie, 15th, 16th)

Or is there any long weekend early in the 2010 year (from january to march)?

Thank you.

Makha Bucha day which is on the full moon following Chinese New Year.

Third month in the lunar calendar:

March 5th being a Friday, yes another long weekend...

Hi all,

You do not state the reason behind your question, but FYI, Chinese New year is not a statutory holiday in Thailand. Banks, govt. offices and schools do not close at all, nor do large dept. stores. What the owners of small shops do is up to them.

If you were in China for Chinese new year - ALL will be closed for a few days. As for Thailand , there are Thai - Chinese here and they do celebrate but on a very small scale . Some shops will close and many Thai - Chinese return to their villages from all over Thailand to celebrate with their families . So no real problem but always a good excuse for a few beers I say . :)