Price For Doberman In Thailand

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a dog. Moved into a house a couple of days ago and think it would be a good oportunity to get a dog.

I really like to have a doberman, but do not really know where to get one. Is there somebody who knows the costs for a doberman?

I think having a puppy would be the best and easiest way for teaching him than a already grown up doberman, right?

Other than that - Where is a good place to buy any other kind of dogs? The Landlord of the house told me Chatuchak - BKK is a good place with a whole variety of dogs, but I wanted to ask first and not go there and maybe make somebody rich who is cruel to them.

Hope you can help me out.

A short while ago another TV member has bought a doberman puppy from a breeder in BKK. You can ask him for details, his TV name is Thaihog.

Or check out the numbers given in this link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1763429

At Chatuchak you can find a wide variety of dog breeds, however, the risk you buy one with an infectious disease or hereditary defect is quite high. In other words, it's quite risky to buy a puppy there.

The JJ market dealers appear cruel to me. They look like they are selling livestock. I don't know what happens to the unsold puppies but they only sell puppies, so once they can't be sold, perhaps they are used to breed, or who knows what happens to them. its very hot out there and they dont even have water sometimes. 10 puppies in one tiny cage.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a dog. Moved into a house a couple of days ago and think it would be a good oportunity to get a dog.

I really like to have a doberman, but do not really know where to get one. Is there somebody who knows the costs for a doberman?

I think having a puppy would be the best and easiest way for teaching him than a already grown up doberman, right?

Other than that - Where is a good place to buy any other kind of dogs? The Landlord of the house told me Chatuchak - BKK is a good place with a whole variety of dogs, but I wanted to ask first and not go there and maybe make somebody rich who is cruel to them.

Hope you can help me out.

Please dont get a doberman in a market. Its a working dog, and you would want to check out the parents before deciding. Find the doberman breeders and insist on seeing the parents in action.

The few dobys i have seen in Thailand have small heads and noses compared to the good breeds.All have had hip problems too,and i suppose you get what you pay for.When i lived in UK mydoby was 600gbp and thats 15+ years ago.

Check if they have papers of mother and father and do they have a kc club in Thailand as you want some form of gaurantee with that type of dog as inter breeding have caused some problems in the dogs.

One of the most important parts of owning a doby is to give it excersise and they do loads of dog poo so please dont be the typical thai who trains the dog to shit everywhere but their area,you have a big reponsibilty to clean the area where they crap as there are diseases that kids can catch off poo.

My gut feeling is that you have a greatly reduced chance of getting a good doby in Thailand but tell me if i am wrong posters.

The few dobys i have seen in Thailand have small heads and noses compared to the good breeds.All have had hip problems too,and i suppose you get what you pay for.When i lived in UK mydoby was 600gbp and thats 15+ years ago.

Check if they have papers of mother and father and do they have a kc club in Thailand as you want some form of gaurantee with that type of dog as inter breeding have caused some problems in the dogs.

One of the most important parts of owning a doby is to give it excersise and they do loads of dog poo so please dont be the typical thai who trains the dog to shit everywhere but their area,you have a big reponsibilty to clean the area where they crap as there are diseases that kids can catch off poo.

My gut feeling is that you have a greatly reduced chance of getting a good doby in Thailand but tell me if i am wrong posters.

Is this more poo that the average big dog :)

Edited by alfieconn

There is the American style dobermann which is more pincher like; slender, thinner bones, a more spear-like head (if that's the right translation) and the German style dobermann; big bones, bigger head etc.

If I'm not mistaken, the UK Kennel Club has also it's own breed standard, which is slightly different form the AKC and FCI standards.

It's possible that you have seen the American style ones or crosses between the different styles.

And for the amount of poop, it's depends a lot on what the dog is fed. Dogs fed on a raw food diet tend to have small amounts of poop that hardly smell and decomposes quickly. The ones fed on cheap dog food tend to have huge amounts of poop with a disgusting smell and it takes longer to decompose. Huge amounts of poop mean also the dog poops out most of the food and thus digest not that much, often leading to lacks in nutrients.

I thought about buying a Doberman before I bought a Dogo Argentino puppy.....What they write about the Dogo is all 100% true she is the smartest dog I have ever been around and super easy to train.....I had a Doberman once and have very fond memories of him. I did a search on Thai visa and was able to find some contacts for Dobermans you might try that. Good luck.

I agree about JJ market NOT the place to buy a dog.