Whole House Fan And Thermostat

grin

I've been all over Chiang Mai looking for a whole house fan. It needs to be 60 to 75 cm wide and capable of moving 100 to 200 cubic meters of air per minute. Anyone know of a place that sells such a fan? Also I need a thermostat to control it. From a previous post it seems that the fan may need to be single phase in order to use it on a timer or thermostat. - Grin

I've been all over Chiang Mai looking for a whole house fan. It needs to be 60 to 75 cm wide and capable of moving 100 to 200 cubic meters of air per minute. Anyone know of a place that sells such a fan? Also I need a thermostat to control it. From a previous post it seems that the fan may need to be single phase in order to use it on a timer or thermostat. - Grin

I bought a 36 INCH fan in a lighting store in Phitsanulok. Go to a lighting, electrical shop and ASK. ASK to see the catalogue. I saw fans up to 50" in the catalogue (!) and they could be ordered with or without the automatically opening louvers and in single or 3 phase. There is no 3 phase in my small village. You can use a relay-type thermostat with a single or 3 phase unit. Three phase is probably more efficient if you have the wiring for it.

Quite a few large fan shops on Hang Dong Road on airport runway side of road almost opposite Transport Dept. (maybe more industrial..there is a large one mounted on the shop front/roof with a whirley-gig)