True Internet Sucks Right Now

StatlerandWaldorf

I don't know about anyone else but the last 2 or 3 days I have had terrible trouble with my True internet connection. It constantly loses the DSL connection and logs off whatever I am doing, it takes a minute or so to log back on again.

Right now I am thinking I should have stayed with IP star. ok, when it was raining heavily it didn't work but when it was up it was up, none of this disconnection rubbish for no apparant reason.

There should be some service level agreement whereby if you are not provided with a service for x% of the time then you don't pay :):D:D:D Sorry, forgot where I was. Pay anyway for zilch service :D

As long as we have this "never mind" or "This Is Thailand" attitude, it will never change.

I don't know about anyone else but the last 2 or 3 days I have had terrible trouble with my True internet connection. It constantly loses the DSL connection and logs off whatever I am doing, it takes a minute or so to log back on again.

Right now I am thinking I should have stayed with IP star. ok, when it was raining heavily it didn't work but when it was up it was up, none of this disconnection rubbish for no apparant reason.

There should be some service level agreement whereby if you are not provided with a service for x% of the time then you don't pay :):D:D:D Sorry, forgot where I was. Pay anyway for zilch service :D

As long as we have this "never mind" or "This Is Thailand" attitude, it will never change.

welcome to thailand and welcome to True slowspeedinternet.

Are you sure it is not your line/connectors? It could be as simple as changing out your phone wire from modem to wall. Or it may be house wiring to lightning box outside. Or the True line to your home. But you can check the modem/wall by using another cable (they are cheap if you do not have a dozen spares). Often it is just a bad connection between jack wires and the plug so just pulling/replacing may help. If your phone line is also more noisy than normal it is probably house or outside wiring. True will not fix house wires without payment but they can easily check the line by attaching at the lightning box and compare that with connection at computer.

I've been using True ADSL for 18 months. This morning was the second time that the ADSL line was down for an hour or so. I consider that a pretty good record. You can report service outage here or by calling 1177-02-(and your number).

thailife69.

the true in my condo at 10 ish last night was awfull so i gave up and connected to my ais mobile , that was as bad so i tried my dtac mobile which was better .

later i tried true again and it woked fine .

this morning trues fine but i think its getting slower

dave2

My TTNT 1200 baht a month connection has gotten completely useless. Our condo building has an agreement with CAT that costs us all 150 baht per month. I did without service with TTNT for 8 days before they sent a technician out. That was a few days ago and since then my connection has been on and off most days. And when I have to do something serious such as making an online hotel reservation the connection fails every time. Today not gotten on at all, and when I do have a connection I'm not getting the 1000 kps upload promised. I'm getting between 40 and 100. Sure isn't worth 1200 baht per month. CAT has been reliable but slow as one might expect for 150 baht per month with all the line splitting between customers.

Anyone have any clue what's been going on with TT& T?

I have only had True ADSL for a couple weeks and it had been disconnecting a lot! Finally at about 7 pm one night I called this number; 02 900 9000

They told me a technician would be out within 24hrs! I didn't hold my breath waiting. He was the here the following day by noon! He seemed to even know what he was doing and had some high tech equipment. He changed the modem and it was fine. He actually gave me a wireless router/modem for a couple days. Now he just switched it back for the regular modem this evening. So far so good though. Although I have to admit, it was going out the most when it rained and it hasn't rained at all in the last few days.

In any case, I was surprised how good the customer service was and it seems to be fine now.

I had the same problem, DSL disconnecting with True. Sometimes good for hours sometimes dropping every 10-20 mins. This all started right after the huge Storm over here in bang Phli a few days ago. Finally got the tech here (he was working in the Mooban) I convinced him to change the Modem and its been good since then. So not really sure if it was outside problems due to the storm or maybe the modem got slightly zapped during the storm.

I have only had True ADSL for a couple weeks and it had been disconnecting a lot! Finally at about 7 pm one night I called this number; 02 900 9000

They told me a technician would be out within 24hrs! I didn't hold my breath waiting. He was the here the following day by noon! He seemed to even know what he was doing and had some high tech equipment. He changed the modem and it was fine. He actually gave me a wireless router/modem for a couple days. Now he just switched it back for the regular modem this evening. So far so good though. Although I have to admit, it was going out the most when it rained and it hasn't rained at all in the last few days.

In any case, I was surprised how good the customer service was and it seems to be fine now.

Somewhat similar here. They came and installed a new line from the street for us. Connection has been almost as good as I used to get in the U.S. When here, they were on time, quick, efficient, and tested the line pretty thoroughly. On the other hand, I am fairly dissatisfied with the clarity of the television signal we are getting on True satellite. Disappointing to say the least. Sort of defeats buying a plasma television.

Somewhat similar here. They came and installed a new line from the street for us. Connection has been almost as good as I used to get in the U.S. When here, they were on time, quick, efficient, and tested the line pretty thoroughly. On the other hand, I am fairly dissatisfied with the clarity of the television signal we are getting on True satellite. Disappointing to say the least. Sort of defeats buying a plasma television.

I am with you 100% on that one. Just look at all the HD TV's that are selling in all the stores and just wonder who is getting value for money. The majority of people who buy a HD T.V cannot use it to it's full potential, unless you have a Blueray player or a Playstation 3. HDTV was available in Thailand for a while but it was all but phased out for the domestic market. I personally have a HD LCD T.V but only because I got it cheaper than a non HD of the same size (display model).

Off subject I know but you raised a very valid point.

HDTV has never been available here AFAIK. There was a closed circuit test transmission made a year or two ago but that was it. Did I sleep through the HD era?

No you didn't sleep through it, it was hardly publicised at all but it was available over satellite from the same company that provides the IP Star internet service and is no longer available to residential customers. The service was crap anyway. The picture and sound was very good when it did work though.

http://www.ipstar.com/pdf/success_story/Co...%20Internet.pdf

True are blaming the bad performance in the evenings of the past week to a broken underwater cable from Thailand to Taiwan. I've had grief with them for many reasons for many months and this is just another 'thing'.

They don't know when it'll be fixed but, "We have had many customer complaints about the low speed problem, so we may have to fix it faster."

Naturally this affects all international traffic, which is about 99.9% of my net usage right there down the drain...]

Atm I'm getting this result from www.speedtest.com.sg:

Download Speed: 533 kbps (66.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 382 kbps (47.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

And this one from speedtest.net

555658774.png

My speed in the country is fine though, of course:

Download Speed: 2584 kbps (323 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 259 kbps (32.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Edited by Zzinged