Real Economy & Contribution From Foreigners

jubby

Ok,

I suppose I'm just thinking out aloud, I'm sure its a subject thats been covered before and its definately not uncommon but I'm just amazed at the number of Foreigners supporting Thais around me. Even more so after a conversation last night. A lot of people say our contribution is peanuts and there's all this talk of Xenophobia etc but I'm pretty sure our contribution to the economy is booming.

Within approx a 5 km radius of my Village out in the sticks I know about 20 Foreigners Living here supporting Thai familys and supporting them very well. Good knows how many others are also sending money from abroad. And they just keep on coming.

I was in a local kareoke Bar/restaurant last night surrounded by the usual suspects, I was feeling a bit under the weather and was just about to leave when in comes two stunning Girls , and two effeminate Guys. I new one of the Guys and so I was asked to join them. They all spoke reasonable english so I ordered another beer and we got chatting. All Local Girls but two lived in Bangkok , one was a uni student and absolutely gorgeous , both quite classy also. Anyway, subject of the Thai economy popped up from the uni student, Whats happening to Thailand, Is it going down hill fast, the usual things we read about here on ThaiVisa but don't expect to discuss at the non-expat local and not the subject brought up by a beautiful girl, atleast in my experience here. She seemed quite worried about it. I was quite discreet and said England was worse at the moment.

The Other Girl kept telling me she had a Boyfriend from france and that he was Fifty years Old. She Kept repeating his age and must have said he was fifty 6 or 7 times which seemed odd. She was early twenties I guess. I started to ignore her. She them shows me a couple of photo's , I just laughed and said I knew him. He was a doppleganger of one of our Thaivisa members. Bald with a Goatee beard and probably fond of fishing :D She said he was luverly and sweet and seemed genuine about it. I said he was bald, 'Wellan' I think they say here when Joking. And that all Farangs look the same anyway :D She didn't like the Joke. She asked me how old I was . and said I looked younger, I said I had Hair :)

Anyway, Hot uni student says her Boyfriend is from London which came as a surprise. Then Effeminate Guy says his/her Boyfriend is also from London. Three out of four having foreign husbands, the other was too spaced out but I guess he/she had a foreign boyfriend Too. Anyway end of Conversation and back to lots of Sanook singing kareoke. Anyway they left shortly afterwards for a group session but It got me thinking :D ................ About our contribution to the Economy that is. :D

The Other Girl kept telling me she had a Boyfriend from france and that he was Fifty years Old.

lol.. You call a 20 something uni student with a 50yr old bald French guy as a boyfriend classy?? :)

I didn't actually ask the 'Hot Classy uni student' how old her boyfriend was , I didn't want to break my Illusion or Delusion :D

The Other Girl kept telling me she had a Boyfriend from france and that he was Fifty years Old.

lol.. You call a 20 something uni student with a 50yr old bald French guy as a boyfriend classy?? :)

I didn't actually ask the 'Hot Classy uni student' how old her boyfriend was , I didn't want to break my Illusion or Delusion :D

:D