Aircards Or Wireless Internet?

arkom

Just moved to a new apartment and was told that they offer 4mb internet for free. But they failed to mentioned that it was shared, so in reality its only about 512kb/s if I'm lucky, to make things work they block downloads on top of that they refuse to let me install my own line very frustrating!!! So after contract up will be moving.

In the mean time does anyone know if CAT CDMA works in Bangkok? I remember seeing a thread that mentioned it works in Makasarn, I am near Fortune anybody knows if it will work? I called CAT and was told that internet is not available in Bangkok just voice.

True, AIS, and DTAC 3G not working in Ratchada yet so it seems like I'm sh_t outta luck...any ideas or solutions?

Thanks!!

Just moved to a new apartment and was told that they offer 4mb internet for free. But they failed to mentioned that it was shared, so in reality its only about 512kb/s if I'm lucky, to make things work they block downloads on top of that they refuse to let me install my own line very frustrating!!! So after contract up will be moving.

In the mean time does anyone know if CAT CDMA works in Bangkok? I remember seeing a thread that mentioned it works in Makasarn, I am near Fortune anybody knows if it will work? I called CAT and was told that internet is not available in Bangkok just voice.

True, AIS, and DTAC 3G not working in Ratchada yet so it seems like I'm sh_t outta luck...any ideas or solutions?

Thanks!!

The big problem is that there is no effective QOS system working on the router. If it were, then all residents would be able to share the connection and most probably most people would not even realize it was shared. However, don't expect to see anything different anywhere, I've never seen anything working properly yet but the building owners don't seem to care.

CAT does not work in BKK. I got CAT CDMA for my place in Surin and works good, not great but good, can use SKYPE most of the time. Dont know who provides CDMA in BKK. CAT told me it wont work in BKK, but tried anyway with no luck. It does work in Chang Mai.