Kap Cheung Immigration Downsizing Office&services

Dave the Dude

Taken from the local website for farangs in & around Surin

Kap Cheung is where I went. They are not closing, but are not going to do Visa(extention) renewals there, just 90 day checkin's. It seems that Surin takes care of 2 provinces now and is going to pick up Korat, and since there is more Farangs in Korat and it is a bigger city they are moving there. But the Kap Cheung will stay open with limited staff for 90 day checkin's.

The girl there told the wife that means 1 time a year she gets to go shopping in Korat

Dave

Different story.

I am a teacher in the Kap Cheung catchment area. I have recently recieved a letter from the Education Authority that states the following.

If you already have a visa and have recieved subsequent extentions of stay then Kap Chueng is the office you need for 90 day notification and extentions of stay. Did not mention re entries.

If you require a new "Visa" or a change of catagory of visa then you have to go to Bangkok.

Not disagreeing with anything here. Just letting people know what I have been told.

Anybody got anything else!!!!!!?

THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN KAP CHEUNG YESTERDAY TOLD ME ON THE TELEFON FROM 1.OKTOBER NO MORE VISA SERVICE AVAIBLE IN KAP CHEUNG ALL VISA AND 90 DAY REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE IN KORAT

North Eastern Region Immigration Center

TOT Public Co. Ltd. Office

118 Moo 10, Mitraphap Road,

Tambon Khok Kruat,

Amphoe Muang,

Nakhon Ratchasima 30280

Thailand

New phone number: 044465342

THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE IN KAP CHEUNG YESTERDAY TOLD ME ON THE TELEFON FROM 1.OKTOBER NO MORE VISA SERVICE AVAIBLE IN KAP CHEUNG ALL VISA AND 90 DAY REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE IN KORAT

I was informed today that the Kap Cheong office is to close at the end of this month. They said they were moving to Korat but haven't found suitable offices as yet. I didn't get round to asking if that meant there would be 2 immigration offices ? A thing that wouldn't surprise me.

I was informed today that the Kap Cheong office is to close at the end of this month. They said they were moving to Korat but haven't found suitable offices as yet. I didn't get round to asking if that meant there would be 2 immigration offices ? A thing that wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone KNOW if Korat do 90 day reporting by POST??

:)

Dave

My wife telephoned the Immigration Officer at Kap Cheong this morning, 8th September, to confirm the situation with regards to visa extensions and 90-day reports.

Basically, they are closing the Kap Cheong Immigration Centre and the staff are moving to Korat with effect from 1 October 2009. All visa extensions and 90-day reports are to be done through the Korat Immigration Centre after the end of this month. Initially, 90-day reports are to be done in person. However, the Immigration Officer we spoke to did say that they recognised the long distance from Surin to Korat and that they would hope to offer 90-day reporting by post before too long.

As an explanation for the move, it is all to do with numbers of 'farangs' using the immigration services. Apparently, there are only 150 expats living within the Surin and Buriram provinces doing visa extensions and 90-day reports whereas there are over 400 expats living in the province of Korat.

This information is from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and was provided from an Immigration Officer at Kap Cheong. So there you have it - Immigration Services will be provided through the Korat Immigration Centre WEF 1st October 2009. :):D :D

Today I sent this email to Kapcheong Immigration (I'm buggered if I can find the Bangkok email address to send them a copy):

"Dear Immigration Officer,

At your suggestion last month, I mailed the documents (Registered) relating to my "Notification of staying in the Kingdom for over 90 days" to the Bangkok Office Immigration address (as detailed on the website). This was done in accordance with the Immigration Bureau website instructions, viz:

"Notification by registered mail

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47

5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, ROOM 206

IMMIGRATION BUREAU,

507 SOI SUANPLU,SOUTH SATHORN RD.,

THUNGMAHAMEK SATHORN

BANGKOK. 10120"

I received the receipt (lower part of form TM47) back, duly completed, but with the note that in future I should "Contact Kapcheong Immigration only". therefore not in accordance with the instructions on the website.

Notwithstanding this, I have since been informed from reliable sources, that Kapcheong Immigration Office is due to close completely during this current month and visa processing will be conducted at Nakhorn Ratchasima Immigration Office, as will also, presumably, the 90 day reporting.

Please could you confirm that 90 days reporting by post (for me, living in Surin) should next time be sent to the Immigration Office in Nakhorn Ratchasima and please could you advise me of the postal address (the Immigration Bureau website does not indicate that there is an office in Khorat).

Thank you,

Best regards

This information is from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and was provided from an Immigration Officer at Kap Cheong. So there you have it - Immigration Services will be provided through the Korat Immigration Centre WEF 1st October 2009. :):D :D

I do believe that that "Horse's Mouth" gives out differing information depending upon the current weather conditions and the time of the month!

Cheers

Y

Well, I think there should be 150 expats making a stink over the inconvenience of traveling over 3 hours one way for a 5 minute job, only to return home covering the same distance. This is LUDICROUS! The immigration office in Kap Choeng was just built maybe 2 years ago. Post your complaints here and we can email them to these Lords of Inefficiency.

I do believe that that "Horse's Mouth" gives out differing information depending upon the current weather conditions and the time of the month!

Cheers

Y

Nice one Yorkie. Fingers crossed that the 'Horse' gets put in a different stable

My wife telephoned the Immigration Officer at Kap Cheong this morning, 8th September, to confirm the situation with regards to visa extensions and 90-day reports.

Basically, they are closing the Kap Cheong Immigration Centre and the staff are moving to Korat with effect from 1 October 2009. All visa extensions and 90-day reports are to be done through the Korat Immigration Centre after the end of this month. Initially, 90-day reports are to be done in person. However, the Immigration Officer we spoke to did say that they recognised the long distance from Surin to Korat and that they would hope to offer 90-day reporting by post before too long.

As an explanation for the move, it is all to do with numbers of 'farangs' using the immigration services. Apparently, there are only 150 expats living within the Surin and Buriram provinces doing visa extensions and 90-day reports whereas there are over 400 expats living in the province of Korat.

This information is from the horse's mouth, so to speak, and was provided from an Immigration Officer at Kap Cheong. So there you have it - Immigration Services will be provided through the Korat Immigration Centre WEF 1st October 2009. :D:D:D

there must be a lot of expat's without visa's then :)

there must be a lot of expat's without visa's then :)

Yes there are ! Some of them go home once a year to get a new non-immigration visa IO and report at the local police station. They never go to any immigration office.

Others come here on some short time visa. Stay three or four months and then go home to work.

I guess that about 150-200 who are residing permanent is true.

Edited by JanAndersLarsson

Based on those figures Kap Cheong is used by one farang every couple of days, or so, whereas Korat gets just over one farang per day. Anyone that has used both offices, myself included, know they're talking <deleted>.

Today I sent this email to Kapcheong Immigration (I'm buggered if I can find the Bangkok email address to send them a copy):

I used both the email address offered by BKK Immigration ([email protected]) and that given on the Immigration Bureau website ([email protected]) and both came back "not known at this address".

Which century are we in?

I used both the email address offered by BKK Immigration ([email protected]) and that given on the Immigration Bureau website ([email protected]) and both came back "not known at this address".

Which century are we in?

In Thailand we will always be in "Thai logic" century :)

I visited KC to get a 30 day extension, usual papershuffle, however, my Thai friend who drove to the immig office chit chatted to a police officer there, and this is what she was told. Apparently, the tourism businesses have been complaining to the Thai gov about numbers, and the Thai gov is going to make the Thai visa process simpler. Ok, that is what I was told, which I am passing on to you. I will believe it when I see it.

I was just joking about there being 2 immigration offices in Korat, but a friend who went to Kap Cheong yesterday was told that they're having an office near to Macro in Korat. That is 12km from the current office, so in jest I could be right.

the good news is, the staff there will transfer to Korat...
There was a time when I would agree with you Chinavet but their attitude has changed since the '90 day report in person' was introduced. The same time as they got a new top man at Kap Cheong. As far as I'm concerned I hope they get moved to the new offices at Khon Kaen. I always thought the attitude of the Korat office was ignorant, but of late Kap Cheong has exceded them.

If anyone is due down to Kap Cheung office in the near future, I would be grateful if you would kindly doublecheck/check this statement posted on our local Surinfarang site????????

Latest from the mouth of the aforementioned horse, 10 minutes ago, Immigration are to man a small 'shack' close to the Chong Chom border crossing where 90 day reporting may be effected. Believe what you wish!

This is a worryingly sensible Thai solution to the hundreds of expats having to visit(or maybe post) 90 day reports?

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

If anyone is due down to Kap Cheung office in the near future, I would be grateful if you would kindly doublecheck/check this statement posted on our local Surinfarang site????????
Latest from the mouth of the aforementioned horse, 10 minutes ago, Immigration are to man a small 'shack' close to the Chong Chom border crossing where 90 day reporting may be effected. Believe what you wish!

This is a worryingly sensible Thai solution to the hundreds of expats having to visit(or maybe post) 90 day reports?

Dave

Beleive its true Dave. I was told the same thing today by someone who had attentened Kap Cheung for their extension renewal.