What Would It Take To Get A Job?

I often read posts by young/underqualified/inexperienced people asking what they could do in Thailand. The responses are predictably negative. I was wondering though what a relatively well qualified and experienced person could do.

I have a doctorate in mathematics, am 37 years old, and have about 9 years experience in the financial markets, including risk management and systems building. I was a late starter in this field and have never been a star earner, but do now have a fair bit saved up. I would ideally work in Bangkok, although Singapore would do. I would be capable of doing anything vaguely analytical/statistical for market analysis, pricing or risk, or could do systems work, or even financial journalism. In fact, I would be more than happy to abandon finance altogether if something interesting came up.

What do people think my chances are?

your resume looks good i don't think you would have any problem finding a job in Singapore in the financial department, i also think you have a good chance in Bangkok. now all you need is a contact number :o, also depend on what country you are from.

Edited by chingy_

your resume looks good i don't think you would have any problem finding a job in Singapore in the financial department, i also think you have a good chance in Bangkok. now all you need is a contact number  :o, also depend on what country you are from.

Speak to the guys at Seamico