How To Go To The Floating Market

Charlie

Hi,

I will be in Thailand staying near the Rachathewi sky train station.

Which is the cheapest and best way to go to The Floating for just two of us.

By taxi or go direct by BTS to Saphan Taksin BTS and proceed from there ?

And the right time to reach The Floating Market.

Please kindly advice.

Thanking you in advance.

DAMOEN SADUAK is the only floating market to go to in my opinion. Its a few kilometers out of Bangkok but go to the Southern Bus Station [sai Tai Mai] and you will find many buses per hour go there. Best to catch a bus between 06.00 and 07.00hrs to get to the market before the tour coaches [if there are any these days - tourists that is]. Be sure to catch the smaller of the boats when you arrive, as the larger do not go into the smaller klongs.

DAMOEN SADUAK is the only floating market to go to in my opinion. Its a few kilometers out of Bangkok but go to the Southern Bus Station [sai Tai Mai] and you will find many buses per hour go there. Best to catch a bus between 06.00 and 07.00hrs to get to the market before the tour coaches [if there are any these days - tourists that is]. Be sure to catch the smaller of the boats when you arrive, as the larger do not go into the smaller klongs.

can you take a boat from the skytrain exit and get to that market that way? It seems like a bit more fun than a bus. Going to bangkok a few days next week and would like to give it a try

Hi johnnort,

Thank you for the info.

Regards,

charlie

can you take a boat from the skytrain exit and get to that market that way? It seems like a bit more fun than a bus. Going to bangkok a few days next week and would like to give it a try

Dont know if getting a boat is even possible.

The correct name for this market is Khlong Lat Phli it is located about 2 kms from the town of Damnoen Saduak which is about 100 kms from Bangkok.

Best to arrive early market is from about 6 in the morning and is pretty much wrapped up by 11 in the morning.

Following link may be of some use,

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/...oen_Saduak.html

There are other floating markets which are easier to get to and/or not so overrun and "tourist-trap-ified" as Damnoen Saduak.

Taling Chan is relatively close to central Bangkok.

Amphawa is starting to get on the tourist radar, but it's still pretty authentic. You can get there on the bus to Ratchaburi/Damnoen Saduak, about 90 minutes to get there. It's on in the afternoon too, so you don't have to get up at the crack of dawn.

Hi

The best thing to do is reach Southern bus terminal and take a bus directly to Damnoen Saduak. There are hourly buses from Southern bus terminal going there. From the Damnoen Saduak bus station, come out and turn left and walk for 1.5 kms until u see a bridge and boats passing underneath it. Please note that the market gets closed at 11 -11:30 AM and as it takes 2 hrs to 2.5 hrs to reach there, plan accordingly. I am ready to guide you more on this in case u need more help.

Regards

Raghava from India