Best Burgers In Lamai

Wanid

Hi Everyone, it's been about 2 1/2 years since i have been back in Lamai, I am here again but can't find the place (nor do i remember the Name) of possibly the best BURGERS (hand made, juicy and about 6 oz) on Samui. All I remember is that the owners are from Canada/UK and they also had a outlet near fishermans village. They also served some incredible desserts.

Can anybody tell me if the place still around? The name and where it is??? And if so, is it still worth going there?

Thanx a lot :)

Hi Everyone, it's been about 2 1/2 years since i have been back in Lamai, I am here again but can't find the place (nor do i remember the Name) of possibly the best BURGERS (hand made, juicy and about 6 oz) on Samui. All I remember is that the owners are from Canada/UK and they also had a outlet near fishermans village. They also served some incredible desserts.

Can anybody tell me if the place still around? The name and where it is??? And if so, is it still worth going there?

you come to thailand to eat burgers? :D

i cant remember the name off the top of my head, but they had a unit in bangrak, there lamai unit is down walking street ( oppostie bangkok bank ) they also had a unit in chaweng... all the outside is white and blue with sliding doors

dam_n, this will annoy me till i remember the name !

In response to a previous post, i find it highly unlikely that any of us came here with the express view of eating burgers.

To clarify my position, i enjoy a burger every now and again and would like to know the best buger available anywhere from Maenam to Big Budda

i cant remember the name off the top of my head, but they had a unit in bangrak, there lamai unit is down walking street ( oppostie bangkok bank ) they also had a unit in chaweng... all the outside is white and blue with sliding doors

dam_n, this will annoy me till i remember the name !

D K is the name....Chweng branch closed now....I prefer Cosy Corner...wicked chicken burger at 65 Baht

Its called DK Soul foods...

Rather try to have Bikini BBQ on the beach...Little Expensive but very tasty...

Its called DK Soul foods...

There was a Austrian or German guy running (I think owning) that place in Bang Rak until about a year ago - was really good food but I think he sold it, the food went from really nice to dismal across the board when he left :) the lady in there was nice, but it seems that when the place changed hands someone either modified the food sources or just didn't get the knowledge on how to prepare stuff to the same standard. I gave it 3 chances under the new owners and it went rapidly downhill. Gutted. Place is always empty now.

Best burgers are still at Garland Choeng Mon imo.

Second to Bikini Barbeque.

My friend owns it,

but I would eat there even if he didn't.

I have the Jamaican style jerk sauce on my burger with onions and fresh peppers.

frys on the side, just ask and they will make it.

If hungry I ask them to put two patties together big mac style

But the specialty is the large Jerk Ribs, and a good deal is had on them.

And lately jerk roasted chicken too. Plus the usual Thai foods.

Nothing else in Thailand with this taste, totally unique in these parts.

And some Bangkok friends always stop for lunch there as soon as they get here.

Lunch and dinner.

I am biased, but make no profit on this, so fair play.

I had a burger at the bikini bar last week, it was decent enough with thin fries which were cooked well. Ladyboy serving was a misery though. Had one at swingbar too which was crap and the chips looked like they had been deep fried then fried again to reheat, some real tooth breaking material there. Sometimes a burger makes a great change from endless chillie based dishes and seafood.

the best BURGERS (hand made, juicy and about 6 oz)

It's probably because I am an American that when someone asks or speaks of "burgers," I automatically think of hamburgers. I mean, really, what else matters? Tofu burgers? Salmon burgers? Tuna burgers? I don't think so....

I had a Burger King burger the other day and it was pretty OK. It is the king of burgers, isn't it?

My friend owns it,

I have the Jamaican style jerk sauce on my burger with onions and fresh peppers.

Lunch and dinner.

This burger sounds great but i'm confused, where is it again?

Thanks

My friend owns it,

Lunch and dinner.

This burger sounds great but i'm confused, where is it again?

Thanks

bikini bar, turn left off the beach road at mac donalds and follow it down to the beach it's the first bar you get too off the road , there has been a sign there for years saying bikini bar all drinks 50baht or something so you will know you have arrived.

Thanx a lot :D

you come to thailand to eat burgers? :D

Why not? You don't see the Chinese in SFO, NYC, LON etc chinatowns eating local food. As with Indians, Thais etc abroad from there own countries. They all eat their own country foods. Why should I have to like Thai food, just because I live in Thailand? :)