Please Advise Location ,where To Buy Computer Games

wileycoyote

All I know there is one that sell non-pirated games on top of Pantip Plaza.

However if you want one of those, they are available at CM building near Kwang Sing.  Another one is Icon building or something rather I don't know exactly what they're called.

I believe that there 2 centres selling computer games in Chiang Mai,

Where are they ?

And which is best ?

Wiley Coyote

Bear in mind too the non-pirated games are quite reasonably priced, will state on the box for sale in Thailand only. Seems they are selling these at a reasonable price to compete with the pirates.

If this is true then its about time. I would much rather buy the legal version of a game.

The one at the top of Pantip Plaza charges 150 Baht per disk. All they do is DL and burn ones that are on the torrents, so if you have an internet connection you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself. Installation issues with the torrents are still on the disk they sell, so even if you can't wait to DL yourself, at least check the comments on the torrents to make sure installation works properly. The originals are much cheaper than the west but still in the region of 800-2000 Baht. Still, some disks come in at 4-5 disks these days so buying the original may be only a couple of hundred baht more

Obviously no one agrees with piracy, but many games are simply not released at all in Thailand, so in that regard, its not that immoral.

If you feel happy DLing games from STEAM or Direct2Drive, you pay full western retail price, although they sometimes have some very good sales.

BTW if this breaks any rules on discussing piracy feel free to delete, or maybe just delete the bit concerning the price etc of pirated disks

Legal games generally cost 300-800 baht unless they are imports.

Here is a good place to check prices in Thailand http://www.zest.co.th/www/main/index.php

The one at the top of Pantip Plaza charges 150 Baht per disk. All they do is DL and burn ones that are on the torrents, so if you have an internet connection you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself. Installation issues with the torrents are still on the disk they sell, so even if you can't wait to DL yourself, at least check the comments on the torrents to make sure installation works properly. The originals are much cheaper than the west but still in the region of 800-2000 Baht. Still, some disks come in at 4-5 disks these days so buying the original may be only a couple of hundred baht more

Obviously no one agrees with piracy, but many games are simply not released at all in Thailand, so in that regard, its not that immoral.

If you feel happy DLing games from STEAM or Direct2Drive, you pay full western retail price, although they sometimes have some very good sales.

BTW if this breaks any rules on discussing piracy feel free to delete, or maybe just delete the bit concerning the price etc of pirated disks

All I know there is one that sell non-pirated games on top of Pantip Plaza.

However if you want one of those, they are available at CM building near Kwang Sing.  Another one is Icon building or something rather I don't know exactly what they're called.

I believe that there 2 centres selling computer games in Chiang Mai,

Where are they ?

And which is best ?

Wiley Coyote

they sell pirated games in pantip plaza too, also in the night market you can get games. it also depends on what console you have.

you could always download some for free! :)

In Bangkok,we used to go a super shop Dinosaur Park ,that was literally surronded by lots of stalls.

The proprietor was nice older man ,and although he knew that bone-fida games were more expensive ,he would offer "Sample Games " like Croc & Safari & Dora the Explorer ,that were license valid only in Thailand,but the kids love them.

Thanks maccheroncini ,will try CM Building nr Kwang Sing

Tks Wiley Coyote

i was getting them 100B per disc :)

dont get anymore now, just *arhem* them :D