Schengen Visa?

arkom

Not really sure if this the correct forum, I've been searching the web and here on Thai Visa about this and have found a couple different answers. I am Thai/US citizen with both a US and Thai passport, my girlfriend however only has a Thai passport. We are thinking about going to Europe on a tour using a travel agency, which includes return tickets, tours, travel by bus/rail, hotels, and meals ect.

Now I've been told for my girlfriend a couple different things regarding the visa first being that she needs at least 100,000 thb to pass, this is from the travel agent. And from Swiss and Dutch Embassy (only ones with english) websites tells me that she needs a letter from her employer to verify she has a source of income at least 50 eur/per day to support herself for how many days we are there, which would be about 30-4000 thb.

My question is which one is correct? If she has say about 50-60,000 thb, would she have any chance of getting a visa? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by arkom

Did send too quickly.

Here are other sources of information

http://www.schengen.com/2007/12/01/a-guide...a-step-by-step/

http://www.application-download.com/Scheng..._in_English.php

Certainly do not pay anything to get the application form. A lot of embassies are providing this form for free - see below link

http://www.netherlands-embassy.org/files/pdf/visaform.pdf

Just type in google free application form schengen visa and you will see what is offered.

And in your case, I would not hesitate to phone to one of the embassies of the Schengen Union in Bangkok, such as the

Dutch, Belgian, German embassy to understand what they really mean with "income"

:)

In my experience, providing you can vouch for your gf financially, and prove you will be traveling together throughout your stay, she does not require either an income or a sum of money in the bank.If you take the itinerary of the tour with you to an embassy, I think you will have few problems. You can apply for a Schengen Visa at any of the member states embassies, but it is usual to go to the one that you shall be either, entering into the EEA via or staying the greatest amount of time in.

Note. A Schengen Visa does not allow you to enter the UK. A seperate UK visa is required. Probably better to obtain the Schengen Visa first [easier to obtain] and include that with the docs. you will present to the British Embassy for that countries visa.

Not really sure if this the correct forum, I've been searching the web and here on Thai Visa about this and have found a couple different answers. I am Thai/US citizen with both a US and Thai passport, my girlfriend however only has a Thai passport. We are thinking about going to Europe on a tour using a travel agency, which includes return tickets, tours, travel by bus/rail, hotels, and meals ect.

Now I've been told for my girlfriend a couple different things regarding the visa first being that she needs at least 100,000 thb to pass, this is from the travel agent. And from Swiss and Dutch Embassy (only ones with english) websites tells me that she needs a letter from her employer to verify she has a source of income at least 50 eur/per day to support herself for how many days we are there, which would be about 30-4000 thb.

My question is which one is correct? If she has say about 50-60,000 thb, would she have any chance of getting a visa? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------

Saw that you got some good answers. I am swedish and I know that my embassy has a translation-buttom on their homepage

and I am one miljon percent sure that the rest of the scandinavian countries have the same.

So there are much more countries embassy homepages that are in english... just look for the buttom.

Good luck

Glegolo