Burdock Root

mallen

Does anyone have the translation of Burdock into Thai ?

I have searched dictionaries and asked many Thai people (including showing a photo of the Burdock root),but nobody seems to know what it is. I want it for a Chinese herbal remedy that was given to me by someone living in Singapore, so I'm sure it grows in this region.

Thanks for any help.

Does anyone have the translation of Burdock into Thai ?

I have searched dictionaries and asked many Thai people (including showing a photo of the Burdock root),but nobody seems to know what it is. I want it for a Chinese herbal remedy that was given to me by someone living in Singapore, so I'm sure it grows in this region.

Thanks for any help.

If you try some of the online thai-english dictionaries, they will give you

หญ้าเจ้าชู้

yah(2) jao(2) chu(3)

which translates something like 'philanderer's grass'! Best to check by type/pasting the thai script into google images and see if the resulting pictures are what you're after.

Softwater :)

Edited by SoftWater

If you look for the translation of "Burdock", you will get หญ้าเจ้าชู้ . But if you ask Thai people what is หญ้าเจ้าชู้, its name in English would be "Gold beard grass". Do you think they are the same?

If you want to find "Burdock Root" in Thailand, I recommend you to check at traditional Chinese medicine store (ร้านขายยาจีน or ร้านขายยาแผนโบราณ), you should bring the picture of it with you too. There is no Thai name for it.

• 1 year later...