Opening A Handphone Shop In Chiangmai

hendy75

can anyone please help me.thinking of renting a shop and sell handphone.where can i source for handphone distributor and suppliers.no experience in this field and would need some guidance.how much of investment $$ to put in and renting of shop where can get the most of it.

I see the OP comes from Singapore - could it be that much different there? Maybe it's the lesser known Singapore in Patagonia.

I've often wondered why even a Thai person would start a business where there are no unique product offerings and almost no way to add value by way of service, leaving only vicious price competition as a means of getting sales. Even with an extended family the size of Brazil it would be a dodgy proposition.

What? They do it all the time? :)

Edited by Greenside

Once upon a time I lived in country in the med and on the road leading to where I lived there was a very successful bakery.

Other people noticed the success and within a year there were four more bakeries on the same road.

Now, guess what happened next - no clues. :)

Once upon a time I lived in country in the med and on the road leading to where I lived there was a very successful bakery.

Other people noticed the success and within a year there were four more bakeries on the same road.

Now, guess what happened next - no clues. :D

The original bakery kept its prices the same and everyone still went there out of respect. :)

Now, guess what happened next - no clues. :)

Increased the price with the idea that if it was more expensive everyone would have to think it was better. AKA - TiT

As for the OP, very heavy competition and unless you have a very unique business plan and location doubt if it will succeed.

can anyone please help me.thinking of renting a shop and sell handphone.where can i source for handphone distributor and suppliers.no experience in this field and would need some guidance.how much of investment $$ to put in and renting of shop where can get the most of it.

It seems you have tonnes of monies to burn :) . Perhaps you should tell us why would you think your shop would be successful?

It seems you have tonnes of monies to burn :) . Perhaps you should tell us why would you think your shop would be successful?

For the same reasons your 2nd hand book shop would, maybe?

/ Priceless

OK, I think the OP has the picture now.

I have to admit, when I first arrived, I thought I might start a small import/export business, selling unique Thai handicrafts/textile art, etc. on a web-based site.

I have quite a bit of experience in this sort of thing- spent most of the early part of my life traveling and buying artifacts, jewelry, antique rugs, paintings, etc. worldwide and then selling them in the US (both wholesale and retail).

5 seconds after I got here, I realized that everything along this line that I might have done successfully in the past....has been done to death by about a million people now. 20 years ago, maybe even 10 years ago, you might have got your foot in the door.

The problem is, a lot of people come to Thailand, decide they want to stay, but aren't flush with cash. So they all start a business.

The above posts are spot-on; there are literally 100's of thousands of people scrapping and scrabbling for an ever-decreasing slice of the retail pie.

I do know a few successful farang here who have a successful business. They are very much an exception to the rule.

Everything you think might be a hot new idea, has been thought of by dozens before you, tried by a few, and rarely have been successful.

Not a pessimist here; just saying it like it is.

I have to admit, when I first arrived, I thought I might start a small import/export business, selling unique Thai handicrafts/textile art, etc. on a web-based site.

I have quite a bit of experience in this sort of thing- spent most of the early part of my life traveling and buying artifacts, jewelry, antique rugs, paintings, etc. worldwide and then selling them in the US (both wholesale and retail).

5 seconds after I got here, I realized that everything along this line that I might have done successfully in the past....has been done to death by about a million people now. 20 years ago, maybe even 10 years ago, you might have got your foot in the door.

The problem is, a lot of people come to Thailand, decide they want to stay, but aren't flush with cash. So they all start a business.

The above posts are spot-on; there are literally 100's of thousands of people scrapping and scrabbling for an ever-decreasing slice of the retail pie.

I do know a few successful farang here who have a successful business. They are very much an exception to the rule.

Everything you think might be a hot new idea, has been thought of by dozens before you, tried by a few, and rarely have been successful.

Their worries are over. Customers will soon be flooding the establishments of savvy owners:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/miscellane...ness-31875.html

Their worries are over. Customers will soon be flooding the establishments of savvy owners:

This is almost beyond belief. I wonder how the sales of this product are going? An old motherboard screwed to the outside of a box. Probably a light inside?

This is almost beyond belief. I wonder how the sales of this product are going? An old motherboard screwed to the outside of a box. Probably a light inside?

Surely it must be a joke. I thought I'd try and crack it by running Lalita Petkijnam through the anagram machine but the best it could come up with was Pajama Lentil Kit. We can laugh but maybe Lalita has found the Holy Grail of retailing and in a few months we'll see her on Dragons' Den raising the funds to take it forward to a world shattering IPO.....

On the other hand sell two or three to gullible idiots and she's made more money than a teacher does in a couple of months. There must be a law against it? :)

Seems like it's not just being touted on TV - here's their website and in answer to all us sceptics, here is an excerpt from the helpful FAQ that comes along with the money back guarantee.

Is this a joke or a fake product ?

Boondee Magic Box is neither a toy nor a joke or a fake products. It is the real, true Hypnosis machine. The miracle was generated by a great Amulet inside the machine connecting to the secret of electronic circuit. © Copy Rights protection. The important of this machine is the assembly process of amulet and complexity of electronic

Yes, it really ends like that.

Edited by Greenside