Moving To Pattaya Questions - Where Is Cheap Rent?

jbeck

Looking for a 5000-6000 baht monthly long term rent studio.

Must be clean, have air con, hot water, furnished.

should be close(ish) to beach and nightlife, 2km at most, and quiet at night.

I'm moving from Chiang Mai and will come to Pattaya first for a visit to look around - I wanted to have an idea where to look.

I've also lived in Phuket Town and Patong.

Phuket was too expensive and Chiang Mai too quiet, no beach, few women, but inexpensive.

I want to try Pattaya.

If you have any recommendations please let me know, either areas of Pattaya or specific apartments.

Also for a one week stay what would you recommend for an inexpensive hotel?

Are there swimming pools to swim laps anywhere?

thanks

jbeck

Looking for a 5000-6000 baht monthly long term rent studio. Must be clean, have air con, hot water, furnished.

I'm moving from Chiang Mai and will come to Pattaya first for a visit to look around - I wanted to have an idea where to look.

Phuket was too expensive and Chiang Mai too quiet, no beach, few women, but inexpensive.

I want to try Pattaya.

If you have any recommendations please let me know, either areas of Pattaya or specific apartments.

thanks

jbeck

I, TOO, HAVE SPENT TIME IN PHUKET, CHIANGMAI, AND AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENTS. I MUCH PREFER TO LIVE IN JOMTIEN; I USED TO RENT AT MAJESTIC:

MAJESTIC CONDOMINIUM, SOI WATBOON, JOMTIEN BEACH

STUDIO APTS (28 MTR): APP. 6,000 BAHT/ MONTH *** ONE BEDROOM APT (56 MTR): APP. 12,000 BAHT/ MONTH

NEARLY ALL CONDOS HAVE KITCHENS; ALL HAVE HOT WATER, AIRCON, BATHROOM & BALCONY

24 HR. SECURITY

QUICK MAINTENANCE, WHEN REQUIRED

HUGE POOL, LAUNDRY, MIMIMART, RESTAURANT- ON PREMISES

GOOD LOCATION

CALL: ROLF @ 0860000350 (HE'S A VERY GOOD GUY, AND WILL MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU, AS HE DID FOR ME)

GOOD LUCK, FARANG!

PS- THERE ARE MANY CLEAN & REASONABLY PRICED GUESTHOUSES & HOTELS ALONG JOMTIEN BEACH ROAD (ie: RS SEASIDE, SILVER SAND VILLA, WHITE HOUSE RESORT, POOH STORY GUESTHOUSE & WANDEE HOUSE)

:)

Edited by Michaelaway

Are there public swimming pools to swim laps anywhere?

thanks

jbeck

I might as well say furnished with bed, fridge, TV, and internet-capable, and have a pool as well.

Thanks guys.

Majestic Condo, as mentioned, is not so bad at all, to be fair. If you are in that area , also try out 'BAN SUAN LALANA" on

Chaiyapreuk Road. It is a fantastic development and you yourself could make comparisons between this BAN SUAN LALANA and

other developments...you would not be disappointed.!!!!!!!!!!

ON THE PREMISES........... 2 tennis courts

Mens and Womens Sauna

Gym

Restaurant with Reading room and Plasma TV

TWO "35 METRE" swimming pools

Minimart and Laundry

Plunge Pool at the Gym also

Whole Development is Wi-Fi Compatible without the need for telephone line rental

LOW-RISE 5 STOREY DEVELOPMENT THAT GIVES A NICER FEEL THAN HIGH-RISE!!

CHECK YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGE BOX AND GIVE THIS PLACE A CHECK-OUT........IT'S THE BUSINESS (more pictures available on request,or just come around and see this place for yourself,it's beautiful)

post-59181-1253553864_thumb.jpg

I want to try Pattaya.

thanks

jbeck

Find a cheap hotel and look around when you get here (try the Comeback Inn, it's in the small moo running east from Bookazine by Dongtan Beach). Many places are empty and owners are desperate for any income. You can find some very good deals, especially if you are willing to negotiate hard. Plenty of places available that are not advertised on the internet. Just take a walk along Soi 7 and have a look. There's a nice block of apartments right on Jomtien Beach Road by Soi 7 which is being advertised with "make any sensible offer for a room". Look also at the notice boards at Foodmart and Friendship. The classified section of Pattaya Mail often has some good, cheap properties for rent. It really is a renter's market right now, so don't rush into things.

If you are in that area , also try out 'BAN SUAN LALANA" on

Chaiyapreuk Road. It is a fantastic development and you yourself could make comparisons between this BAN SUAN LALANA and

Mens and Womens Sauna

Gym

Minimart and Laundry

Whole Development is Wi-Fi Compatible without the need for telephone line rental

CHECK YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGE BOX AND GIVE THIS PLACE A CHECK-OUT........IT'S THE BUSINESS (more pictures available on request,or just come around and see this place for yourself,it's beautiful)

This has got to be considerably more expensive than the OP specified. How much more?

Mens and Womens Sauna

Gym

Minimart and Laundry

This has got to be considerably more expensive than the OP specified. How much more?

Yes I'm getting quite a few replies that are for privately or corporate owned condos.

That's ok but they are not including the price.

If you want me to contact you please include the price.

Please PM again with prices, for the last few replies.

For the (not)funny idiot with too much time on his hands, thanks for nothing.

To everyone else, thanks again,

jbeck

Mens and Womens Sauna

Gym

Minimart and Laundry

Yep, as for the monthly price,it is not a secret, I just neglected to state it the first time.................. 8000 baht/month :)

If a genuine long-term interest maybe can negotiate a little on the price............but to be honest, for 42 METRES of Condo

in a development/location like this I think that "8000'ish" baht/month is very decent value. Anyone who just takes one look at this

development will see what I mean.

Take Care Everybody.

By The Way........here is a link I found that did a write-up on the development a couple of years ago !!!

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/showfeatur...reID=0000000292

I want to try Pattaya.

thanks

jbeck

Find a cheap hotel and look around when you get here (try the Comeback Inn, it's in the small moo running east from Bookazine by Dongtan Beach). Many places are empty and owners are desperate for any income. You can find some very good deals, especially if you are willing to negotiate hard. Plenty of places available that are not advertised on the internet. Just take a walk along Soi 7 and have a look. There's a nice block of apartments right on Jomtien Beach Road by Soi 7 which is being advertised with "make any sensible offer for a room". Look also at the notice boards at Foodmart and Friendship. The classified section of Pattaya Mail often has some good, cheap properties for rent. It really is a renter's market right now, so don't rush into things.

Thanks, very sensible post.

Like the OP, I will be looking to move to the area in the not to distant future and am looking for similar types of accomodation.

I too am interested in this thread as I will be coming to Thailand on 1st November and intend to stay for just over 6 months. Jomtien has been recommended to me by a pal who used to live in the area (he is now in Malaysia), but he also said that a lot of his old pals who still live in and around Pattaya are complaining about noise. Is there anywhere quiet to live, but still within 2 or 3 miles of the beach?

I too am interested in this thread as I will be coming to Thailand on 1st November and intend to stay for just over 6 months. Jomtien has been recommended to me by a pal who used to live in the area (he is now in Malaysia), but he also said that a lot of his old pals who still live in and around Pattaya are complaining about noise. Is there anywhere quiet to live, but still within 2 or 3 miles of the beach?

To go a step further with this idea, what areas (street names?) or condos (names?) are close to (for example) the area of soi 6 thru soi 10 and beach road to second road, but yet far enough away to be quiet at night? And can you do this or must you be a few KM away? Ahh. And don't forget the price range etc.

Thanks guys.

As far as a 1 week stay to look around and to be close to the nightlife, it seems like flipper hotel and diana hotel are mentioned/recommended often.

Do you agree?

Kop khun na cup.

jbeck

I live in Nirun Condo, Soi Arunothai near Carrefour supermarket. Beach and nightlife isn't far away. 5000thb a month. 30m2 rooms with aircon. Security and 2 pools. I haven't found anything better so far.

Cheap hotels:

-Top Thai Hotel on a soi of walkingstreet (I believe soi white rose) they have a couple of rooms for 350thb a night, the rest is 700thb. Stayed there for 2 months and has a great time.

-Emery House on Soi Bukhao have 350thb rooms.

The beds in Top Thai are better but Emery is larger and has fridge.

I live in Nirun Condo, Soi Arunothai near Carrefour supermarket. Beach and nightlife isn't far away. 5000thb a month. 30m2 rooms with aircon. Security and 2 pools. I haven't found anything better so far.

Cheap hotels:

-Top Thai Hotel on a soi of walkingstreet (I believe soi white rose) they have a couple of rooms for 350thb a night, the rest is 700thb. Stayed there for 2 months and has a great time.

what about soi diana a.k.a diana hotel complex and the flipper hotel(s) for shot/long stays??

Soi Bongkot (Off Pattaya 3rd Road) has many farang-friendly places at a good price. Just walk up and down and speak to the landlords. 15 min walk from Beach.

Soi Xzyte has several apartments with farang. The Deluk (Deluxe) apartments/Offshore bar and other blocks further up typically charge 3-4 thousand unfurnished and 5-6 thousand furnished.

Again just 10 minutes walk from the beach and quieter.

Cheap hotels:

what about soi diana a.k.a diana hotel complex and the flipper hotel(s) for shot/long stays??

Just talked to a freind on phone who arrived in Pattaya on Saturday 3rd October, he's staying at LK Metro, Metro apartments, top of Soi Diana, when he told me price for one month I nearly choked on phone, 10,000 Baht for the month, which IMO is a very reasonable price, TV, DVD, fridge, I had freinds staying at LK Metro Hotel in August and they were paying over 1000 baht per night so 10,000 per month is a good deal IMO.

Edited by MB1

Mens and Womens Sauna

Gym

Minimart and Laundry

Yep, as for the monthly price,it is not a secret, I just neglected to state it the first time.................. 8000 baht/month :)

If a genuine long-term interest maybe can negotiate a little on the price............but to be honest, for 42 METRES of Condo

in a development/location like this I think that "8000'ish" baht/month is very decent value. Anyone who just takes one look at this

development will see what I mean.

Take Care Everybody.

By The Way........here is a link I found that did a write-up on the development a couple of years ago !!!

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/showfeatur...reID=0000000292

Just followed that link, 30,000 baht a month is taking the piss mate.

i have a condo at view talay1 which is in an excellent location between pattaya and jomtien, actually only about 400m from jomtien beach or a 1 minute bahtbus ride and a 5 min baht bus ride to pattaya town/nightlife.

View talay 1 is quiet at night and has a very big pool,the condo is 32 sqm and has a partial seaview, nicely furnished with flat screen tv,hot shower, you can get internet/cable easily if you pay for it, room has sofa,coffee table, wardrobe,tv cabinet,air con,fridge,micro and there are a variety of restaurants on ground floor. i was looking for 7k a month as is tastefully decorated(newly painted and expensive art just put on walls) but can negotiate a little if you gonna stay a while.

You dont get a lot for 5 to 6k even though it is low season etc...usually you get a crap room in crap location...no pool etc but you might be lucky.

go up pattaya 3rd road just before the traffic lights where 3rd rd meets central rd there is a turn off to your right soi 9,,about 50 yards down that small soi is an apartment block i think the name is ban chang or something,,the rooms are very clean,,shower ,tv,,aircon for 4000thb per month...good luck