Connecting Paypal With Scb

I have just tried to connect my Paypal account with my Siam Commercial Savings Account and have categorically been told that it is not possible to do this. Does anyone know what kind of Thai bank it is possible to use with Paypal in order to upload and download funds?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Seems Kasikorn bank will allow it, found the following in a google search a few months back as i was thinking of setting up a new paypal account.

Hi I have managed to open a Paypal and eBay account using a Thai issued Visa Debit card. It is also quite simple. I am only talking of my own experience but 2 of my friends have done the same thing one Thai and one a Brit living here in Thailand.

Firstly it seems only a K Bank account works with Paypal this is what my friends and I did;

1.Open Kbank savings account with the Visa Electron option

2. Apply for internet banking

3. Once you have internet banking you can apply for a Web Card through the internet banking (this is a security measure by the bank)

4. Once you have your web card details which will show on your internet banking you can then use this information to open Paypal or Ebay account.

Hope this helps.

Kasikorn debit card(visa) with online account works very well. You still can withdraw to SCB from your Paypal account though, but not fund your paypal account from SCB. K-bank is the more customer friendly choice. The BEST in Thailand.

And when you use moneybookers instead of paypal you gain a lot more. Very good exchange rates and double the speed of Paypal for transfer money to your account. Moneybookers is also accepted at ebay now. More and more people using it. Roughly 10 million accounts at moneybookers and rising fast.

Edited by elcent

Seeing as I already have a Kasikorn account that's excellent news, thanks for your advice.

I've also recently iopened a Moneybookers account but noticed it's not possible to send money to the US! Any ideas why??

moneybookers has some issues with USA banks, coz they may not suit the tough European banking regulations. For well known international banks in the USA no problem I think.

I have just tried to connect my Paypal account with my Siam Commercial Savings Account and have categorically been told that it is not possible to do this. Does anyone know what kind of Thai bank it is possible to use with Paypal in order to upload and download funds?

We did ours (easily and successfully) through BKK Bank using a Kasikorn debit card (as was recommended at the ebay seminar held here in CNX last december). The only drag is that after you've withdrawn your money from PayPal into BKK bank, it takes 5-7 days for the money to become available here. But an exceelent, easy service.

We did ours (easily and successfully) through BKK Bank using a Kasikorn debit card (as was recommended at the ebay seminar held here in CNX last december). The only drag is that after you've withdrawn your money from PayPal into BKK bank, it takes 5-7 days for the money to become available here. But an exceelent, easy service.

I am not fully understanding, You did it through Bangkok Bank but used a Kasikorn debit card? I thought the card had to be tied to the same bank.