Best Place To Buy Garmin Gps Navigation System In Bangkok

Nowhereman60

• 1 year later...

http://www.gps4you.net/2009/ MBK 4th Floor.I found them them cheaper than gadgetrend.Also gat an outlet in soi suk 107

Are there any shops at the airport (or nearby) to buy a garmin gps unit? Hate to drive in Bangkok and not to be able to find my way around. Would also need sim cards for mobile for me and my girlfriend. Assume Sims can be inserted and will work on german sim lock free handset?

Wife bought our one in Fortune Mall. Don't remember the store, sorry.

Personally, I would not buy anything from MBK or Pantip. Having bouht a few things in both (tech related) I found them to be absolute crap. While it is wrong to tarnish the whole place on the basis of a few isolated experiences, I have come to form the opinion that they are all full of dodgy knock off "seconds" at best, and will not be buying anything in there in the future.

I have been scared off by a few small negatives....... not suggesting everyone should avoid the place, but when you can buy the same thing from more "mainstream" vendors, for more or less teh same price, then why risk it?

If you wanna purchase from the the official dealer, here's the info:

ESRI (THAILAND) CO., LTD

100/38-39 SATHORN NAKORN BLDG 22ND FLOOR

NORTH SATHORN RD

BANKOK 10500

Phone: 2 6368421

Fax: 2 266 9944

This is where I got mine also, got the Nuvi 310 and Nuvi 1460.

Unless they change their policy, Purchased units will get free map updates for 1 year.

Then map updates can be purchased for 450 baht.

Map updates can be purchased and downloaded from their website.

Another option is "Garmin Service" who'll sell you Taiwan sourced models with tweaked firmware (adding things like Junction View to models that don't normally have it) and will email you free lifetime map and POI updates. The units I've purchased from them came with several thousand custom POI's (additional to the ones that come with the ESRI maps) from speed/red light camera locations, to several directories of restaurants, karaoke bars, massage parlours etc etc ;)

The only contact I know of is their email address though: garminservice [at] hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I've got a kenwood entertainment system on a isuzu mu7 that comes stock from dealer with build in GARMIN navigation.

I find the maps to be alittle out of date at certain places, any one knows for this kinda build in garmin maps, possible to update?

or upgrade firmward + maps ?

If yes , how ? and where? how much?