Jump to content


Advanced Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

4785 profile views

stat's Achievements

Silver Member

Silver Member (7/14)

  • Conversation Starter
  • Very Popular Rare
  • 5 Reactions Given
  • First Post
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges



  1. Interesting, so maybe we should stop using a thai credit card for grab usage.
  2. Fully agree! However it is beyond me why they cut the price of LTR https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thailand-long-term-resident-ltr-visa
  3. Remember you can (maybe) never comeback to Thailand. In addition if you have an unforseen stop over in TH somewhere in the future you may be in trouble. I would rather ensure that you receive "gifts" in 2024. But up to you and yes the risk may be minimal.
  4. If you think this issue is solved you are sadly mistaken as the whole amount of problems will start to surface in March 2025. Thai RD will not put anything clear out as that would involve hundreds of pages which translates to work and possible loss of face. TRD is quite happy with the opaqueness for a variety of reasons.
  5. All the banks that I know of are compliant once they are provided with the correct information from the OECD. Did you provide the OECD information? There are a lot people in the compliance department who do not have a clue and just stick to the usual process. Any bank can close the account if they wish to without any specific reason. Nothing you can do if the bank does not want to have foreign residence customers.
  6. As long as you do not transfer a lot of money into TH, Thai RD has nothing on you legally as they only tax remittances. If you transfer money then indeed they could come after you with or without a TIN. This is why I highly recommend to not remit substantial monies in 2024 if possible.
  7. No update to my knowledge so Point 5 still stands IMHO and was/is accepted by several banks.
  8. 5. Requirement to collect TINs Paragraph 30 of the Commentary on Section I provides that a TIN is not required to be reported with respect to a Reportable Account held by a Reportable Person with respect to whom a TIN has not been issued. Should a Financial Institution request a Reportable Person to obtain and provide a TIN, in case such Reportable Person is or may be eligible to obtain a TIN (or the functional equivalent) in its jurisdiction of residence, but is not required to obtain a TIN and has not obtained a TIN?Answer: No You are not required to get a TIN in TH and therefore the bank in your jurisdiction cannot force you to get a TIN.
  9. There is no consensus because no one knows. They have changed the application of a law with a directive so no one knows how they will handle the 2024 tax declaration. In the past they did not care that is for sure.
  10. Mike there is no opposing team, stop spreading conspiracy theories.
  11. Just provide your bank with the following official document that no tin is needed for Thailand (Point 5). Worked for me with several banks. CRSno tin required.pdf
  12. Stating that "most others members have been able to understand this" is an insult to me and Grumpy. Every member who has an other understanding then you does not understand the topic (pathetic). I am in contact with several members who severly disagree with 90% of your statements, but because of recent "events" do not dare to voice their concern.
  13. The questions and comments from TroubleandGrumpy are very helpfull and touch the very basic problem of who has to lodge a tax return. So far you have not provided an RD link that states that. The PwC link is good and points in your direction, however there a tons of people who are a tax resident in this country and have NEVER lodged a tax return me included. PwC of course has an interest that millions of expats need to file a tax return.
  14. No one knows currently if Lifo, Fifo or any other accounting method will be used. I would also love to know which method they intend to use but I think they are not even aware that they need to specify it.
  15. I think capital gains should be included c) Passive or property income (interest, dividends, capital gains, rental income, goodwill, pension etc.) based on Article 41 paragraph 2 of the Revenue Code.
  • Create New...