Huawei Mt880 Router Setup

PMK

TTT has given me one of these modem/routers. While it looks like it has never been used there is no user manual included, which is kind of odd. Anyway, I found a few references to it on the Internet stating the default username and password are both admin. That doesn't work on this one. Tried resetting the router - nada - can't log in. I tried teleneting into it and the password admin does not work that way either. Blank password and 1234 also don't work.

It is not a big deal as I have my own Xyxel router, but what the heck - I'd like to get it working anyway. Maybe I'll have a use for it one day. Can anyone confirm that 'admin' should be the default username/password on these?

Thanks,

Peter

TTT has given me one of these modem/routers. While it looks like it has never been used there is no user manual included, which is kind of odd. Anyway, I found a few references to it on the Internet stating the default username and password are both admin. That doesn't work on this one. Tried resetting the router - nada - can't log in. I tried teleneting into it and the password admin does not work that way either. Blank password and 1234 also don't work.

It is not a big deal as I have my own Xyxel router, but what the heck - I'd like to get it working anyway. Maybe I'll have a use for it one day. Can anyone confirm that 'admin' should be the default username/password on these?

Thanks,

Peter

username admin password TTT 198.162.1.1

My line speed would only ever sunc up at 50% of the 2/1mb premier package with the mt880, changed to a decent router and now its right on 2048/1024

what adsl modem/router do you use now and what is sunc for us initiated.