Bringing Around 200oz Of Silver Coins To Thailand

Plate

Hey everyone

Im planning to bring around 200oz of Silver Coins to Thailand, just wondering if Customs will give me any hassle when I bring it to Bangkok. Most of my coins are in the form of government issued coins like Canadien Maples, Philharmonics, American Eagles, etc.

Ive done searches and it seemed most people didnt have any problems if they brought it as a carry on at the airport. Though they brought small amounts.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses! Just from what Ive searched through the archives here, seems like no one has gotten any problems with the tax issue. There was an earlier thread where customs told em that if its 'carry-on' it would be ok, though I think there 'may' have been an issue with amount.

Yeah, bringing that much silver is heavy but I need a way to bring it with me. I dont trust the mailing system and bringing it on my regular luggage seems like asking for trouble through various ways.

Ill try to contact the Thai Embassy and see what they say. If there is a tax, I wonder if they tax by face value of the coin (highly doubt) or by silver value.