Rain

gotlost

I can confirm consistent rainfall on the west side of the moat.

It's been raining all night near Suthep Road. What happens in CM when there's heavy, lengthy rain? Is it business-as-usual? Does life shut down? I think some streets may get flooded. This storm may last a few days, right? (I have an appointment and I don't know if I should keep it.)

another vote for the return of Gotlost :( and CHiangmaifun too....

Ever notice how many old time members are no longer here? Shows it is pretty hard to stay on this forum without getting banned.

Edited by chaoyang

I can confirm consistent rainfall on the west side of the moat.

It's been raining all night near Suthep Road. What happens in CM when there's heavy, lengthy rain? Is it business-as-usual? Does life shut down? I think some streets may get flooded. This storm may last a few days, right? (I have an appointment and I don't know if I should keep it.)

LOL, YES you should keep it. Come on, it's just rain. In England this goes on for weeks.

The only time when it gets different is when we get a little later into the rainy season (next month) and the river starts rising. Then there may or may not be an alert.

This, on the other hand, is just rain. Maybe you get a drainhole here and there that's blocked so you get a bit of water or big puddles in some sois, that's it.

LOL, YES you should keep it. Come on, it's just rain. In England this goes on for weeks.

The only time when it gets different is when we get a little later into the rainy season (next month) and the river starts rising. Then there may or may not be an alert.

This, on the other hand, is just rain. Maybe you get a drainhole here and there that's blocked so you get a bit of water or big puddles in some sois, that's it.

Oh ya? In 2004 and 2005 (if I recall the years right), the Ping left its banks and flooded big time. Both times I was trapped in the house (south of Nong Hoi) because all roads in area were seriously inundated. In all it was rather fun and an adventure (just waded though the water to a local hut/store and drank beer with the locals), but I'm sure many failed to see the excitement. It's actually amazing to see what the power of a river can do once it leaves its banks.

lizard2010

re .. So how is further dwon from Gonzo.

At the Iron Bridge near the Riverside Guesthouse & Tourist Authority Office.

Has it flowered over the bank?

nahh its got to rise about another four foot for that to happen

but it has risen about four foot since the 24th of july

ive got the pics ready but quess whos not been uploading pics for two days : (

pics to follow ??

dave2

guano... re .. have u got any of the river dave2?

yes ... at 4 pm today

did you not understand this ?

quote ... ive got the pics ready but quess whos not been uploading pics for two days : (

pics to follow ??

when thai visa sorts the uploading of pics problem ? ? ? you will see my pics

if they dont ...you wont : (

dave2 .. patiently sat on 6 pics that i cant upload

guano.

re .. Let's hope they sort things out for you soon dave

i .. or we ... should be so lucky

ive asked forum support to sort this problem .. and zilch has happend

whos the looser here ?

you , me , the members , thai visa ?

if they dont want me to post pics thats fine with me as i wont bother

dave2

ps ... i was going to send you a pic of a beautiful pussy ... but i cant upload her : (

pps .. perhaps with the river level site showing errors now .. maybe they dont want to show my pics ... you never know : )

here is Sansai Noi, every time it rains really hard like this, our water pressure disappears... no water makes it upstairs and it is a trickle downstairs. Of course, if i turn on the pump, pressure comes back up and the upstairs toilets will fill and flush, but how come this happens when it rains hard?

Anyone have any insights?

canuckamuck.

re .. Dave 2, this is off topic, but it is easy to get a photobucket account and then link the images.

thanks for the tip but thai visas uploading now and i really dont want to bung up my computers with any more programes

but ill look at it sometime : )

pic 1 .. 4 pm yesterday

pic 2 .. 11 30 this morning

pic 3 .. 11 45 this morning warrarat pedestrian bridge

pic 4 .. 11 45 this morning crud stuck on warrarat bridge

dave2

post-42592-0-21219300-1312284164_thumb.j

post-42592-0-22008200-1312284178_thumb.j

post-42592-0-10194000-1312284199_thumb.j

post-42592-0-73972000-1312284224_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...