Thai Environmental Awareness Resources

Eggmeng

My Thai business partner and ex has never shown any interest in gaining environmental awareness. In the past I was resigned to this, but recently it's troubling me more because we now share a house, and I'm helping her rear a young child (yeah I know it's a little screwy.)

I am increasingly of the view that everyone who is not part of the solution is part of the problem, and I try to set a good example, but that has only a minimal effect. Recently I made the decision to cut meat from my diet and now she has done the same, but she is thinking only of the health benefits. Just trying to get her to stop buying plastic toys that require batteries is proving to be a huge challenge.

Fortunately our little girl goes to an international school where when she is older she will be taught environmental awareness. Perhaps her mother will be influenced by this aspect of her education. But she's only three now.

In the meantime, can anyone recommend any Thai language resources? One thing I could try is to leave some reading material lying around and hope she notices it. She doesn't like long explanations, or even short ones.

Usually I just accept what I'm convinced I cannot change, but this seems too important to ignore.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find resources even in English about helping the environment that involve cutting out meat (???) as part of the "solution" ... even not buying plastic toys sounds a little bit like 1980's rhetoric to me... anyway even if you did find these I doubt you'd find ones in Thai that coincide with ur exact beliefs?

Just a Thai language magazine, newsletter, periodical or anything that talks about the larger issue of environmental degradation, and the little things that people can do at home to help, would be a good start. Surely some must exist.

My Thai business partner and ex has never shown any interest in gaining environmental awareness. In the past I was resigned to this, but recently it's troubling me more because we now share a house, and I'm helping her rear a young child (yeah I know it's a little screwy.)

I am increasingly of the view that everyone who is not part of the solution is part of the problem, and I try to set a good example, but that has only a minimal effect. Recently I made the decision to cut meat from my diet and now she has done the same, but she is thinking only of the health benefits. Just trying to get her to stop buying plastic toys that require batteries is proving to be a huge challenge.

Fortunately our little girl goes to an international school where when she is older she will be taught environmental awareness. Perhaps her mother will be influenced by this aspect of her education. But she's only three now.

In the meantime, can anyone recommend any Thai language resources? One thing I could try is to leave some reading material lying around and hope she notices it. She doesn't like long explanations, or even short ones.

Usually I just accept what I'm convinced I cannot change, but this seems too important to ignore.

Why not check out the website of the Ministry of Environment. They should have some brochures available.