Broadband In Pattaya

h90

just start to rent a house in Pattaya. I thought I take True broadband, but they came for Pattaya with some strange ADSL upcountry prices :o

what cheap solutions are in Pattaya?

Main reason is that I want to connect with my office in Bangkok (running on true.

thanks for any help.

Michael

There have been many threads on here about this if you search,but basically it depends if you have TT&T or TOT line.True only do TOT.None of it is as cheap as Bangkok,the cheapest being around B1500 a month.

The Bangkokpost reported a new service coming soon,but calls and email to the company concerned have not helped to find any details about it

With a TT&T line it's easy, most isp's work together with them.

Subscribe at the TT&T office and afterwards you get just one monthly bill. I'm on Ji-net's compax, 256/128 at 1550/month (+7%vat)

TOT is more difficult, billing is seperate for the adsl carrier (TOT) and the ISP...

With a TT&T line it's easy, most isp's work together with them.

Subscribe at the TT&T office and afterwards you get just one monthly bill. I'm on Ji-net's compax, 256/128 at 1550/month (+7%vat)

TOT is more difficult, billing is seperate for the adsl carrier (TOT) and the ISP...

Thanks, are you happy with Ji-Net?

monty: i am due to get a loxinfo broadband connection here in Pattaya in about three weeks time. TT&T have fitted a new line and I am on dial up now with scratch cards, most days connecting at 52 Kbps.

I am quite happy with this, but is broadband much better? I use Royal Garden broadband in the cafe and it is not that impressive and I think that is 512 Kbps.

What are your thoughts on Pattaya broadband versus dial up?

Wilson Steer.

I used to have Loxinfo dial-up and have now changed to Ji-Net broadband; there is a huge difference (for the better!).

Beware of Loxinfo broadband pricing. Last time I looked the basic charge was only for Thailand sites and international was 4,500 baht a month; they do not make this clear in their advertising!

monty: i am due to get a loxinfo broadband connection here in Pattaya in about three weeks time. TT&T have fitted a new line and I am on dial up now with scratch cards, most days connecting at 52 Kbps.

I am quite happy with this, but is broadband much better? I use Royal Garden broadband in the cafe and it is not that impressive and I think that is 512 Kbps.

Wilson Steer.

thanks for all the info!! I think I go with JI net.

By the way the TT&T shop told me there is a big promotion beginning in April.

Do to the salesguys english and knowlege I understood close to nothing. What I got is: there will be something for 990 Baht per month. The reason is that they make something direct and not with partner.

So something will change to cheaper, what and why is unknown.......

Wilson Steer.

The thing is,if you are a big user,by the time you add up all your phone connection charges, B3 a time even if its engaged,your monthly bill will be something like B800+ your card charges,so you might as well get a cheap broadband,and have no phone bill

H90,

The promotion will be probably what they call Hinet. 990/month for a 2mbps connection.

No ISP involved as TT&T will supply the internet themselves...

This will be comparable with the cheap True offerings in Bangkok, giving you very high speeds at night but much slower speeds at peak times, since they'll have a very high contention ratio on those packages! But remember, even if they are down to 10% of the rated speed you're still almost as fast as a 256/128 package and 5 times faster then dial-up :o

Also they tend to block quite a few ports on those cheap packages so you might have problems with peer to peer and bittorent networks, as well with VOIP...

If you don't have special requirements this is obviously a very good deal, as bartender100 points out, you'll probably end up cheaper then dial up(with its combined costs) and in the worst case it'll still be faster then dial-up....

H90

Hi-Net is not bad at all.... for the money.

If you just want to check email surf the web etc it's perfectly useable and much much better than dial up.

Is it suitable for connecting to your office in Bangkok ??? I don't know for sure (without trying) but probably it would work, how would you be connecting VPN ???

I know Hi-Net do block port 25 SMTP outgoing and maybe others but I have not checked... blocked ports may cause problems.

Bittorent and edonkey work (of sorts)

IRC, Skype, Yahoo and Hotmail mesengers all work (text audio and web cam). Online games ? don't know if they work because I have never tried.

Good value for home use yes most definitely. For buisness use :o probably not good except as a back up.

that with Hinet sounds fine! Monty: yes with your information, I understand what the guy wanted to tell me.

I got told (actually I have no idea what I am talking about, but I got told that it is possible, so sorry if I tell something wrong) that I can make a "VPN" Tunnel (whatever this is) sit in Pattaya and connect to my computer in Samut Prakarn, like I would sit in my office in the network (just slower). As well I can use the webcams to check if my staff is felling comfortable when drinking beer in the office instead of working :-)))

So I have the chance to stay one or two more days away from the office, without loosing all orders.