Thai Tv Ad With Disabled Children Singing

chiangmaibruce

The future's not ours to see......... And there in the audience a pregnant woman looking at a bunch of handicapped kids with a look on her face of what has the future got in store for me and my baby.

BUY INSURANCE!

Me personally, I think the advert is a cynical play on emotions, worse a cynical abuse of the image of handicapped children.

Cynical Kitsch nothing more.

Grown men with tears in their eyes proclaiming the beauty of Thai caring attitudes to handicapped children - Go find out about what real Thai attitudes and treatment of the disabled children is.

Look at the proportion of disabled children dumped in orphanages, and attitudes to disabled people in the work place, access to education, employment, health care ........

Well said

OK, accepted, but how do explain my Autistic daughter being denied insurance due to her condition?

Having said that, I have not approached this "lot" as we will leave soon to set up in Singapore again for a couple of years.

We found that with a different insurance company, any claims submitted for our daughter would likely be denied due to her epilepsy. It is in the very very small print of course and when we first took out the policy, we weren't even aware of her condition at the time.

Edited by Moonrakers

Just a note: I helped out at a Foundation for the Blind in Thailand and the young students often sang in a similar unison manner when -- usually on someone's birthday -- the family of the celebrant donated funds and brought in special items for the Sunday meal. In this case, they sang a traditional Thai song and then segued into "Happy Birthday to You" in English.

• 5 weeks later...

I think some of the hard-hearted cynics here are themselves disabled by analysis paralysis and poignancy deficiency. You tink too mut. Hope your parents are proud of you!

Bottom line it is poignant, creative and memorable. I hope the insurance company finds new customers and the children and their families will benefit from this wonderful and viral video.

Three thumbs up!

Edited by NaiGreg

I think some of the hard-hearted cynics here are themselves disabled by analysis paralysis and poignancy deficiency. You tink too mut. Hope your parents are proud of you!

Bottom line it is poignant, creative and memorable. I hope the insurance company finds new customers and the children and their families will benefit from this wonderful and viral video.

Three thumbs up!

Fair enough - however sat-ed employed 5 staff - 1 person 100% deaf - 1 person paraplegic - 3 other's "normal" (not that my wife thinks I am normal)

I wonder how many the insurance company employs percentage wise?

But that's me - your miles may vary upon your insurance provider - OOOPS - I'm a hard hearted cynic - "disabled by analysis paralysis and poignancy deficiency"

I've never mentioned our companies policy before - hadn't felt the need - but thanks for giving me a excuse. www.sat-ed.com

• 2 weeks later...