Park Lane Resort - Jomtien

dfc

I followed the links in a couple of other threads to the site for the above.

The web site makes interesting reading and sounds quite reasonable, problem is I won't be back in Pattaya 'till January and I've a few concerns/questions running round my head.

1. Is the area a building site, complete or partially open?

2. Does the baht bus run up Jomtien Beach Road as far as Wat Bun Road (Soi 11/12)?

3. Does a baht bus run up and down Sukhumvit Road as far as Wat Bun Road?

4. According to the web site a 2 bedroom unit is 2 single bedroom units without the dividing wall. Would you think these need to be ordered in advance or could they be converted afterwards?

5. Bearing in mind No. 4, would you expect this to complicate the 49% rule?

6. If I did buy, would I need to have the money in a Thai bank account or could I use my UK account?

Answers to any or all will be much appreciated.

Thanks

I followed the links in a couple of other threads to the site for the above.

The web site makes interesting reading and sounds quite reasonable, problem is I won't be back in Pattaya 'till January and I've a few concerns/questions running round my head.

1. Is the area a building site, complete or partially open?

2. Does the baht bus run up Jomtien Beach Road as far as Wat Bun Road (Soi 11/12)?

3. Does a baht bus run up and down Sukhumvit Road as far as Wat Bun Road?

4. According to the web site a 2 bedroom unit is 2 single bedroom units without the dividing wall. Would you think these need to be ordered in advance or could they be converted afterwards?

5. Bearing in mind No. 4, would you expect this to complicate the 49% rule?

6. If I did buy, would I need to have the money in a Thai bank account or could I use my UK account?

Answers to any or all will be much appreciated.

Thanks

The developers of this project are the Iguana Group, your better off asking them all your queries.

Here's the link to contact them:

http://1millionbaht.com/luxury_condominium/contact_us.html

^ Fair call mate. I did request some info from them earlier today but then came up with more questions.

Answers to 1, 2 3 & 6 will be most helpful though.

:)

-I purchased a unit in building 2 and have been told that 1, 2 and the common area (lagoon pool, etc) should be ready by April; if you go to the website you will see a tab entitled construction, this will give you an idea of the rate of progress

-The Jomtien Beach Road baht bus runs beyond Wat Bun

-Not familiar with the Sukhumvit route; FYI - the developer said that they will be running a shuttle service...it may go to Tesco on Sukhumvit

-As to payment, foreign ownership requires that funds be brought into Thailand from the outside; I believe that if you didn't have a local Thai bank account already setup, you could send GBP to the developer's Thai bank which would then convert into THB

Thanks for the input.

I've had a reply from the developers and thought I'd post a few bullet points in case anyone else is interested -

1. Prices on all 4 buildings range from 1.2m to 1.9m (with a discount of around 200,000 if bought by a thai company)

2. Building 1 is sold out and opens Q1 2010

3. Building 2 has only a few units left and opens Q2 2010

4. Buliding 3 is about 60% sold and opens Jan 2011

5. Building 4 has plenty of units available and opens July 2011

6. 2 bedroom units are converted free of charge

7. Maintenance fee is 900 per unit per month

Re. the 49% rule. I assumed this was down to the number of units but the info I received stated it was calculated on the basis of floor size. Common sense maybe but I lack that at times.