Best Wifi Adapter

2008bangkok

Hi im buying a laptop at the weend and the onyl connection i have is a weak Truewifi connection that is on the road somewhere..

Can people give me examples of their laptop and how good the wifi card is in terms of signal from the actual router then i will be able to buy the best laptop based on that..

Cheers

Bkk

Hi im buying a laptop at the weend and the onyl connection i have is a weak Truewifi connection that is on the road somewhere..

Can people give me examples of their laptop and how good the wifi card is in terms of signal from the actual router then i will be able to buy the best laptop based on that..

Cheers

Bkk

You are right,there are different radios in laptops.But! - more important factor is the location of the anthena.

You can spend a bit more money for external USB WiFi adapter with detachable anthena.You can move it around your

room and find the best hot spot,which is most likely - outside your window.The difference - is dramatic,cost?

not much:the best will cost you 2000B,cheap USBdongle - 200B?

Hi Fantuzi thanks for the advice.. bizzaly enough iv tried 2 diferent usb wifi adaptors and neither pick up the signal but iv had 2 laptops before and they have both picked up the signal so i guess laptop wifi adaptors seem to be better!

Try SENAO NUB362

it is also sold as EnGenius.I had best reception on laptop SonyVaio,maybe because of its big display(17inch)

and bigger anthenas?the worst was on TwinHead laptop.

You must use long cable!

Cheers

Bkk

Have you considered buying a separate range expander such as this unit?

This can be placed anywhere there is a good signal and wil boost the signal further