Thaivisa Forum Images Are Not Showing

SoMeOnEnUlL

Has anyone using TRUE internet experienced forum images not showing? I have attached my screen cap. The forum images are hosted in static.thaivisa.com and I cannot view them at all. When I try to browse static.thaivisa.com, I can browse. But the images are not loading. I have tried at both home and office with TRUE internet. Neither show no images. So, I think it's just not only me. It's really annoying to read the forum with all these text messed up. :)

Is there any work around?

thaivisa.th.png

I'm on TRUE and have no problems in this regard. There were problems in the past but they have been resolved by now.

Try the following:

Clear your browser cache.

Do a full log-out from TV

Close browser and re-start it and then log-in to TV again.

opalhort

I have a similar problem (Images, Icons, Avatars Not Showing), I'm also on TRUE and am using OpenDNS.

When I tried "ipconfig /flushdns" in the DOS window, I got a response:

"Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution."

I do not want to change my OpenDNS.

Is there any other solution?

There is a known issue using external DNS from within Thailand because of the dual servers TV uses in Singapore - discussed in forum support. I have the same issue with attachements - most are black holes - some have a hot spot that will bring up a photo - some will not.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Visa-Tr...ow-t304727.html

Edited by lopburi3

I think OpenDNS is having some issues at the moment. Not only ThaiVisa but also some of the website are not loading properly. So, I am currently using TRUE DNS and if something went wrong again, will probably use one of the Local ISP ones.. such as CSLoxinfo's.

A couple of weeks ago I had a similar thread. At that time Thaivisa.com sniffed your IP address and if you were located in Thailand it would try and direct you to static.thaivisa.com server located in Thailand. OpenDNS server is not in Thailand, and so when you browser, trying to resolve the name static.thaivisa.com asks OpenDNS where to go, OpenDNS sends you to a server located Singapore, hence the conflict.

The easiest way to fix it on your end is to ditch OpenDNS in favor of any Thailand DNS servers.

I have no idea how they could solve the problem on Thaivisa end. For Thailand based users getting static.thaivisa.com content from local servers instead of from overseas means faster loading, the feature is useful.

Oh, I followed the moved link from Computers, there's an explanation in Forum support already. Apparently the problem with OpenDNS has been solved. I don't know if the solution applies only to OpenDNS servers or to any of dozens of such providers.

I see your point, Plus.

One thing I want to avoid is the DNS problems with the other sites. That was the reason I switched to OpenDNS in a first place. And till recently, have no problems at all (including the TV forums). The problem with TV started a couple of weeks (maybe few months) ago. And as I mentioned (in Post #18) it was resolved, but come back.

In my humble opinion, adding "static.thaivisa.com" in several locations should solve the problem.

I'd prefer to hear from George (or TV webmaster) on solutions for the problem.