Video Person Wanted

brahmburgers

I'm developing some projects in the C.Rai area, not far from town.

I'd like to describe them with a few one to 5 minute videos. Rural setting.

No special skills or equipment needed. Just follow me as I talk about a few things.

can trade cash or items:

scanner (like new)

interesting plants (thornless blackberry, brazil nut, etc)

electric hw heater

Edited by brahmburgers

And I would like someone to dance for me for about the same amount of time, 5 minutes, while you are dressed in minimal clothing and I'm ready to trade as well! I will be filming you so it does actually fit the topic. If I could pay you in cash I would but since it´s illegal to do like OP in Thailand I wouldn't really want to propose that. I wouldn't even do it if it was legal since I basically have no cash at all. But this could be our big chance!

/Big Bear

And I would like someone to dance for me for about the same amount of time, 5 minutes, while you are dressed in minimal clothing and I'm ready to trade as well! I will be filming you so it does actually fit the topic. If I could pay you in cash I would but since it´s illegal to do like OP in Thailand I wouldn't really want to propose that. I wouldn't even do it if it was legal since I basically have no cash at all. But this could be our big chance!

/Big Bear

I also see prospects there, but a work permit might be needed. I would check out that first.

It depends of course a little bit on the background as well and a steady hand is needed.

It could be done in one of the Chiang Rai recording studio's with the Chiang Rai musicians softly

playing in the background.

I do hope that this time BB wants to share the result with us.

Limbo :)

/Big Bear

LOL!

I saw a Thai person holding a video camera once. Can you believe it. He was actually pointing it at something. I`m sure he was pointing it at me, because I could see that it was switched on. Now I remember, it was my son. He was 8 years old at the time. How he managed this I do not know.

I may even apply for the job of Brahms personal videographer myself. Anyone who has the audacity to post such a request on a forum such as this must be really entertaining to listen to.Actually, this is something I know to be a fact because I`ve just read thru 2 pages of your previous posts and they were very entertaining

Surely your good lady wife would be up for the task Brahms. Or one of the Thai people/neighbours that are assisting you on these projects would surely be a more obvious choice. Or even one of the university educated Thais you meet daily thru various venues would suffice.

If not, give me a day or two`s notice to get my grey suit and peaked cap cleaned and I`ll pick you up at your door to take you to the set/s of your various projects. I hope one of them is the thrill/zip ride your planning to construct.

I can`t wait.

At your service,

Chang1200bahtanhour. :D

P.S. you can contact me at farangswithf*ckalltodoallday.com :)

Edited by chang35baht

The witticism herein underwhelms me.

I guess if I see the witticism from the perspective that everyone (or at least every farang) should own their own video camera, then the wit would be more fathomable, maybe even cute.

I had a 2nd hand Sony. It broke. Got an estimate of Bt.5,000 to possibly fix it (no guarantee). Declined. Also, mobile phones give crumby video, but you knew that.

Got a non-sarcastic response from a forum reader. It looks like he may assist with getting my simple project moving along, thanks to him for that.

Not all of us have the whole array or tools. If someone locally needed a PHD* I would loan him mine.

P.S. ever wonder why there are no tool rental businesses in Thailand?

* PHD is a post hole digger. ....and so it goes.

Yo, BB.

Maybe borrow/rent a video camera somewhere- and get a Tripod. Yup.

Surely there is a local camera shop in CR that has video cameras, or for that matter a simple digital camera for rent (most digital cameras have some limited video capability- meaning you can't do 2 hours, maybe only 30 minutes, depending on the memory installed).

If the tripod idea is not a go, you can always perch the camera on a nearby rock/fence post.

I've done filming like this for many years on solo motorcycle trips around the world- works great!

If you need to walk about, while describing things....you can work around that. You just need to do multiple shoots that are static/fixed, versus someone following you while you walk around.

Just a thought.

"Surely there is a local camera shop in CR that has video cameras, or for that matter a simple digital camera for rent (most digital cameras have some limited video capability- meaning you can't do 2 hours, maybe only 30 minutes, depending on the memory installed)."

Quite possible, exalted one, but I doubt they'd be interested in exotic plants or a used scanner.

Heavens above man. You didn`t even indicate in your OP that you wanted a camera supplied, as well as someone who has nothing better to do than to foillow you around. :)

Actually .. to be accurate .. BB said "No special skills or equipment needed. " :D