Firefox Upgrade Problem

RDN

Firefox informed me that 5 updates were available to the extensions I use. One was "Tabbrowser Extensions". After upgrading this one, my Firefox started to work erratically and eventually I had to reinstall.

A normal re-install did not fix the problems, so I had to do a "Clean install" as directed here: http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?t=719

This worked - apart from saving some settings as the Firefox errors prevented me from viewing those settings.

So, all I want to say is, do not upgrade "Tabbrowser Extensions" if you are using it, without reviewing the "clean install" procedure and saving what you may need if the upgrade goes wrong. (The new version is 1.13.2005013101).

Please note that this extension is NOT "Tabbrowser Preferences" (currently version 1.2.2), which works fine.

Cheers,

RDN.

(I'll be back online in a few hours after reconfiguring everything :o )

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that the last iteration of the browser did infact conflict with extensions and such.

Firefox 1.0.3 update ships

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?N...ge=1&pagePos=10

<quote>

These updates, "went through several iterations of fixes, some of which disabled or broke some extensions. The Mozilla Foundation has been working with extension authors to fix any issues that have surfaced with the releases, and most extensions have been updated, or will be in the coming days, to work with 1.0.3/1.7.7," the Foundation said.

</quote>

Say, while I'm posting on Firefox, I wonder if any of the Thai literati in our midst could help me to spread the word on Firefox. Recently, I find myself in Internet cafe's all over BKK and hardly ever see any that have Firefox installed. Frustrating as it is it seems to get moreso when I inquire if they know of it I only to get blank stares. Plus, I have no idea how to say "tabbed browsing in Thai" :o

So, I've been thinking, If I could get my hands on a link to an article espousing the benefits of Firefox written in Thai I could pass *that* along. Anyone got such a link?

Benefits?

Two that I like:

1) Tabs. I can bring up the Washington Post (or whatever paper) and 'cntrl-left click' on every article I'm interested in. Then, whiile reading the first article, the others I've indicated load into individual tabs in the background. After I'm done with article one, I click on Tab 2 (then, later, 3, 4, etc) and, presto, they're right there for instant viewing. This is less utilitarian for broadband, but for dial-up it sure saves a lot of time. (Now, if I can just figure out how to haul the computer to the toilet, where some of my best reading is done. :o )

2) Remembered User ID and Passwords. Firefox remembers (if you allow it to) most, not all, but a heck of a lot more than IE. I really hate having to type these in all the time at my home (secure) computer.

Also, with IE still on your computer, I've found that if a program requries IE, it will automatically start it (concurrently with Firefox). Example: Windows Automatic Updates.