Planning A Move To Surin. Info Would Be Appreciated.

Timmy

I can save 2mil in 3 years rather easily. I have to work very hard but thats ok I for the dream. I have no intention to wait for my pension, I want action! If I fail and come back to work in Belgium for 10 year I can still get a €1000 pension. If I work 30 year maybe I will get €1200. Why work 20 years more for €200... I already have a separate pension plan btw.

This is Bullsh*t !! But........when it is your dream go for it.

You don't have to post a picture like globalwander1 say, I 'm sure the wanke_rs from surin will come over to see your shop whit their own eyes :)

I can save 2mil in 3 years rather easily. I have to work very hard but thats ok I for the dream. I have no intention to wait for my pension, I want action! If I fail and come back to work in Belgium for 10 year I can still get a €1000 pension. If I work 30 year maybe I will get €1200. Why work 20 years more for €200... I already have a separate pension plan btw.

This is Bullsh*t !! But........when it is your dream go for it.

You don't have to post a picture like globalwander1 say, I 'm sure the wanke_rs from surin will come over to see your shop whit their own eyes :)

It depends,thereare so many new farang bars opening in Surin, will they have the time. Bythe way, benny, the catch was you havemore money than us poor English

Edited by farangconnection

It depends,thereare so many new farang bars opening in Surin, will they have the time. Bythe way, benny, the catch was you havemore money than us poor English

The amounts listed by Timmy are unrealistic. We have one of the lowest pensions in Europe. He life in a dreamworld.

The amounts listed by Timmy are unrealistic. We have one of the lowest pensions in Europe. He life in a dreamworld.

uk pension is around 120 euro's a week. For me at 65, i will get 75 euro's aweek.

The pensions in Belgium may be lower in the future but atm. My had has 1700 Euros per month and that no joke. If I work my whole life at my present job I will have 1200 euros. My mom worked only 10 years and she has 900 euros. Belgium is strugling with their pension plans however but then again... I make about 2500 but I only get 1500 net so I pay 1000 tax every month. Must count for something right?

The pensions in Belgium may be lower in the future but atm. My had has 1700 Euros per month and that no joke. If I work my whole life at my present job I will have 1200 euros. My mom worked only 10 years and she has 900 euros. Belgium is strugling with their pension plans however but then again... I make about 2500 but I only get 1500 net so I pay 1000 tax every month. Must count for something right?

I hope so for your sake Timmy. I think every country will have to make some hard decisions with regard to future pensions. In the UK, less and less are paying 'into the club' but more and more are drawing out benifits. My simple mind cannot understand how this can continue.

:):D

Dave

I hope so for your sake Timmy. I think every country will have to make some hard decisions with regard to future pensions. In the UK, less and less are paying 'into the club' but more and more are drawing out benifits. My simple mind cannot understand how this can continue.

Dave

Belgium has about 68.000 too much officials. But thats not the only problem. A lot of politicians forget what they promised during election when they get elected. I am sure it is like that in a lot of counries if not all. Here in Belgium we pay about 40% of our wage in taxes, nobody is going to tell me they cannot build a decent pension plan of that kind of taxes. They should be able to pay everyone at least a minimum pension of 900€ if they have worked long enough. Now they are talking about making us work longer. My dad went on pension when he was 58 and gets 1700. If I keep working my job maybe I will have to work until 65? And get how much? I do not need a pension of 1700 but I would like at least 1000 since I pay about €13000 of taxes each year I would expect they do something with it.

Dave

Belgium has about 68.000 too much officials. But thats not the only problem. A lot of politicians forget what they promised during election when they get elected. I am sure it is like that in a lot of counries if not all. Here in Belgium we pay about 40% of our wage in taxes, nobody is going to tell me they cannot build a decent pension plan of that kind of taxes. They should be able to pay everyone at least a minimum pension of 900€ if they have worked long enough. Now they are talking about making us work longer. My dad went on pension when he was 58 and gets 1700. If I keep working my job maybe I will have to work until 65? And get how much? I do not need a pension of 1700 but I would like at least 1000 since I pay about €13000 of taxes each year I would expect they do something with it.

I payfull taxes here in Thailand,and expect nothing. In fact aswell as paying taxes,I have a work permit until june2011, I'm a member of the Surin Tourist Association, have two commendations for work for the Surin community from the Governer, plus run the biggest pub/retaurant in this part of Thailand, bring in hundreds of tourist a year. Even with all this, i was refused a marriage visa extension, because the hospital took 30,000 out of my 4000,000 accout, even though i replaced it with 120,000 two days later. Don't take anything for granted here in THailand.I ended up going to Laos and paying through the nose for a one year non-o

Dave

Welcome in real life. With everything you wrote above, you are probably right. But that is another discussion and off topic for thaivisa. If you are bitter at heart, sugar in the mouth will not help you. So go to work, trying to save, do the right investments and go for it.

Dave

Welcome in real life. With everything you wrote above, you are probably right. But that is another discussion and off topic for thaivisa. If you are bitter at heart, sugar in the mouth will not help you. So go to work, trying to save, do the right investments and go for it.

You are right, I should not have written this and its totally off topic.

I am going to Surin next year in May to see for my self but after done all this reading I am having taughts about the shop. I will see for myself but I do not think a shop would be the right way to go unless I find a really good location. Plenty of options, still not sure what I will do but I have time to plan.

You are right, I should not have written this and its totally off topic.

I am going to Surin next year in May to see for my self but after done all this reading I am having taughts about the shop. I will see for myself but I do not think a shop would be the right way to go unless I find a really good location. Plenty of options, still not sure what I will do but I have time to plan.

Timmy

There are a lot of us here in Surin and I am sure you would be made welcome at the various farang/thai restaurants (for a chat about this topic).

We have also have a very active local forum.

We have fairly regular meet ups (See other thread) and you would be more than welcome to visit us and talk about our failing Minimart :D

:)

Dave