Thaksin Visits Papua New Guinea On Weekend

webfact

THAKSIN, WHERE ARE YOU?

Thaksin visits Papua New Guinea on weekend

By The Nation

Runaway former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, was reportedly in Papua New Guinea at the weekend, Australia Network News reported Monday. A spokesman for Papua New Guinea's Prime Minister Sir Michael Somare said Thaksin was in West Sepik province on private business and was not the guest of Sir Michael.

On Saturday, Thaksin addressed, by phone, an estimated 17,000 supporters gathered outside Government House in Bangkok, who had rallied to seek a royal pardon on his behalf.

He Thaksin did not announce where he was calling from, but protest organisers claimed he was in Papua New Guinea.

Thai authorities are seeking to bring him back to Bangkok, where he faces a two-year jail sentence for abuse of power.

In July, Thaksin flew to Fiji, Tonga and Vanuatu in his executive Lear jet.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/19

Where's Waldo? Where's Thakso? Where's my mayo? Need to make a sandwicho.

Future headlines we don't want to miss:

Thaksin Ties His Shoelaces Without Help From Bodyguards.

Thaksin Loses Himself In Thought.

Thaksin Misses The Point.

Thaksin Visits Palmreader Twelve Times in As Many Hours.

Thaksin Visits a Small Country Without Promising Giant Investments.

Thaksin Is Caught In A Truth.

He's really hitting the top end places these days. :)

Google about Vanuatu and banks/money laundry.

I guess he goes there with his private jet to make some bank business in cash without traces.

Vanuatu is one of the best places for that.

He's really hitting the top end places these days. :)

envy?

or is your home town a better place?

Actually, yes my home village is in fact a better place.

Envy - no, none at all, why would I envy someone who can't return to their own country?

He's really hitting the top end places these days. :D

envy?

or is your home town a better place?

Actually, yes my home village is in fact a better place.

Envy - no, none at all, why would I envy someone who can't return to their own country?

Thaksin's just a travellin' man.

A man without a country. :)

a rolling stone gathers no moss

What's T going to export from there - Bird of Paradise pelts?

Actually, I like Port Moresby... bit crazy place but ok if you can handle it.

brahmburgers, you are completely correct... all the money (mines) are in Iran Jaya,

the Indonesian part of New Guinea...

But, I doubt that one day he will ever be able to put-even- one foot on Indonesian soil!

It's an educational trip, he's learning Pidgin in an attempt to be better understood by those he is forced to do busines with these days. He also expressed the desire to meet up with a few two Kina Marys, as the Cyclone girls in Dubai were proving too expensive for his frozen funds. Mr Thaksin was also initiated into a local tribe, but the fitting of the penis gourd had to be abandoned when they were unable to find a cube shaped one to fit his square head.

It's an educational trip, he's learning Pidgin in an attempt to be better understood by those he is forced to do busines with these days. He also expressed the desire to meet up with a few two Kina Marys, as the Cyclone girls in Dubai were proving too expensive for his frozen funds. Mr Thaksin was also initiated into a local tribe, but the fitting of the penis gourd had to be abandoned when they were unable to find a cube shaped one to fit his square head.

it's up to you how much you dislike Thaksin or whatever. but why you and a couple of other posters try to dis and bitch Thaksin by painting his destinations as inferior.

people building their arguments this way, out of other Nations, cultures, stereotypes, prejudice, xenophobic comments should be out of place in a forum for a multinational community of foreigners living in thailand.

it's up to you how much you dislike Thaksin or whatever. but why you and a couple of other posters try to dis and bitch Thaksin by painting his destinations as inferior.

people building their arguments this way, out of other Nations, cultures, stereotypes, prejudice, xenophobic comments should be out of place in a forum for a multinational community of foreigners living in thailand.

I have lived and worked in Papua New Guinea for 4 months and it is not one of the nicer countries that I have been to.

I was based in the Hagen Hotel which is a superb place and I ran 6 teams building a mobile telephone network.

After 1 team was carjacked including the security guard arm with a stick and a radio I changed security companies and my teams ALWAYS went out with armed guards in the vehicle and a Toyata Landcruiser with a couple of armed guards.

In the 4 months I was in country perhaps 6 teams were attacked and countless others were stopped at gunpoint and robbed.

The unofficial word from the police was that if there is not less than 20 policemen and/or soldiers with 5 or 6 trucks or police cars it is not a legal stop and if somebody tries to stop you then try to run them down and kill them but DONT stop whatever.

We used to have riots in Mt Hagen and the surrounding area on average once every 10 days and also indulged in rock concerts where real rocks were thrown.

If I remember there are something like 800 languages and dialects in use in the country and more churches than you can shake a stick at.

There is no raod from Port Moresby to Mt Hagen and ALL goods are shipped to Lae and then trucked for a couple of days the 500 or so kilometres over the worst roads I have ever seen and I have worked in 38 countries.

It is a country rich in natural resources and steeped in corruption.

Thaksin on religious pilgrimage

Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has posted his pictures depicting him visiting Buddhist holy sites, including the Gangarama Temple in Sri Lanka.

The pictures were uploaded to the social networking website Facebook on Tuesday.

According to the date shown in the pictures, Thaksin was took the pilgrimage on Monday.

One of the pictures showed him on board the aircraft engaging in a telephone conversation, purportedly the phone-in to his classmates from Pre-Cadet Class 10 at their Monday's reunion dinner.

The Nation

October 21, 2009

And also from ThaksinLive:

bodhi1.jpg

Visit the Sacred Jaya Siri Maha Bodhi, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka

tsgangarama.jpg

Visit Gangarama Temple in Colombo, Sri Laka [sic]

Edited by gardener2

He may have been there to check investment into resource projects as the country is rich in natural resources, oil & gas, copper are ones that I know of. Outside the towns there are no roads, it is a mountainous country with high ridges & deep valleys where malaria is rife. It can be extremely dangerous, housing compounds have armed guards & high walls with razor wire. I was told by the locals that if driving around after dark & have a flat tyre you will surely be attacked if you stop.

In Port Moresby the atmosphere is menacing with groups of people lounging around all over the place drinking, chewing betel nut or high on something & they certainly do not look happy. My first impression upon exiting the airport terminal was a group of topless old women doing some sort of welcoming dance all out of sync & a couple of taxi drivers having a serious fist fight. There is an airstrip near the mouth of the Fly River where we had to wait for a helicoptor & hundreds of people appeared seemingly out of nowhere & just stood around, very quiet, very disturbing, almost like a bad horror flick.

Thaksin Shinawatra

In his own words

Oct 15th 2009

From Economist.com

This is the excerpted transcript of an interview conducted with Mr Thaksin in Dubai, on October 5th 2009. Mr Thaksin discusses his criminal conviction, personal wealth and current business affairs as well as the mass movements roiling Thailand and his view of the prospects for reconciliation or revolution

Do you give financial support to the red shirts?

I don’t have much money now. My assets have been frozen…

You must give them something.

No. I don’t have much money. Our assets have been frozen in Thailand for two years.

Posted 2 days ago on his own website ThaksinLive showing his "no have much money."

tsonaircraft191009.jpg

Phone - in on the aircraft

Superb!