Flying To Thailand And Other Areas Of The World

WilliamCave

Hello, I fly to Thailand alot, from Canada. usually from Vancouver or Toronto. I find it strange to see that I got a flight from Calgary to London -Bkk and another time from TO to Alaska and to HK then BKK. Opposite directions. I am always looking for the cheapeast flights on the internet. So was woundering is at what times of the year are the cheapest to fly bcause correct me if I am wrong depends what of the world u are flying to and from seems there are different peak seasons example from Europe because they seem to have a different holiday season with flights to BKK and they are higher. and flights from north america are cheaper and at other times it is the other way around

Would I be wrong to say that all world areas and flights are not on the same peak season for flights? And what would be the peak season months and is there a cheper day of the week to fly?

just interested because I can change my times of the year when I can get time of work, it is almost open to me.

thanks in advance

Flying from Europe to Asia (and other parts of the world), you should try to avoid July and August (schoolholidays) as well as from approx 15 Dec till 05 Jan (flying out) (xmas - newyear period)

Cheapest flights we found sofar were in the month on May-June and Oct-Nov.

Always interested to check some sites giving special promotions - beginning of Jan and around mid August. If you want I can send you some European vacation/flight sites. Just send me a small e-mail

many years ago airlines had peak-shoulder (intermediate) and low seasons-and prices. This has mostly vanished due to the computer fare-setting devices, but in general it still holds-and is about what above says:

PEAK is always Summer holiday (here in Europe=-same as in NAFTA) and the 1 month around Xmas+1/1-mostly strating the weekend nearest to 15/12.

Shoulder are the cool Thai season monthes-nov thru late march.

Low is the time when the wheather in Thailand is so nasty humid-hot: april (songkran!)-till early june, then sept. Of course precise dates can vary a little

In Europe you always have great bargains on returns to BKK in those times-and also a plenty and bookable in a week-like 399 GBP or 499€ from London/Germany. OTOH if yo want a decent price (say about 700) for just before Xmas-you have to book as soon as low fares are released-about late jan/febr. Simple check sites like netflighs , travelsupermarket, opodo, ebookers, flightsavers etc and try out a few dates.

FROM NAFTA it also seems-judging from many reports, that midweek dep. mat be a little less as weekend.

From both East CAN (Tor, Montr) and area around NYC-USA it hardly matters if you fly east-or westbound, in time and miles.

For the cheaper deals you always get NON-direct flights, from Europe nearly always on a Mid-east based airlines (some of them are pretty good)

FRom East-US/CAN it may be worthwhile to check best deals from West Coast US(LAX, SFO) and then book a separate domestic flite to there.