Events Happening For Surinfarangs

Dave the Dude

................................................................................

OCTOBER

28th. Starbeam bar/restaurant opens in Surin

Coffee Corner official opening in PrakonChai

NOVEMBER

01st. Timeout 'jamming' afternoon (plus Loy Kratong) near to PrakonChai.

11th. Bums Rush meeting in Buriram (overnighter??)

21st. Sisaket Bike run (overnighter??)

ELEPHANT FESTIVAL

28th. RAYBANS bash at Timeout

DECEMBER

06th. Timeout 'jamming' afternoon near to PrakonChai.

T.B.A. ?

JANUARY

03rd. Timeout 'jamming' afternoon near to PrakonChai.

2nd week SURINFARANG Party at FC (free booze and nosh for members)

................................................................................

:)

Dave

Where is Starbeam bar?

I would love to access the surinfarang site but find it nigh on impossible to load.

Any suggestions?

Hi qwerty

Its between the Majestic Appartments(NOT hotel) and the railroad crossing.

Sorry but its against TV rules to post a link, so I would suggest you try again to register.

If you have further problems, PM me

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave, as I mentioned I will pay for the first beer in Buriram on the 11th.

if i can obtain an idea as to how many will be going they may have a special so if u are going to attend let me know!

ron

Could get expensive Ron about 20 expected! Still small beer (excuse pun) after a big win on the tables in Macau!

......http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Join-Bum-s-Rush-t307335.html

Where your offer caused a stir!

TBWG :)

Where is Starbeam bar?

I would love to access the surinfarang site but find it nigh on impossible to load.

Any suggestions?

Hi qwerty

Its between the Majestic Appartments(NOT hotel) and the railroad crossing.

Sorry but its against TV rules to post a link, so I would suggest you try again to register.

If you have further problems, PM me

Dave

about 100 feet past (or before depending on which direction you are coming from) the Majestic Apartments, opposite side of the street. Look for the Ganesha fountain out front and you are there. :)

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

ELEPHANT FESTIVAL

DECEMBER

T.B.A. ?

JANUARY

Dave

Thanks for the mention, Dave.

The address for the Starbeam Restaurant is:

Info/Address for Starbeam Restaurant

Starbeam Restaurant

28-30 Surin Phakdi Road,

Nai Muang, Amphur Muang

Surin, Thailand 32000

E-mail: [email protected]

English language tel. #: 081-304-7742

Thai language tel. #: 081-600-4121

GPS settings for Starbeam Restaurant: Lat 14 53 25.38 / Lon 103 29 57.76

• 2 weeks later...
Went to the first night of Starbeam - back next day for breakfast - very clean very nice place - will do a detailed revue elsewhere in Isaan threads.

Yes,we had a great night too, even though we slightly rearranged Mike's tables&chairs, SORRY MATE

Dave

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

ELEPHANT FESTIVAL

DECEMBER

T.B.A. ?

25th Xmas dinner at the FarangConnection

JANUARY

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Went to the first night of Starbeam - back next day for breakfast - very clean very nice place - will do a detailed revue elsewhere in Isaan threads.

Dave,

I still cannot get into Suringfarang site since the sever change. What's up? Is it finished yet? Need my surinfarang fix and info of what is going on as I can't get out and about much now with the new restaurant open.

Mike/Cent

Got over to Surin a couple of days ago and with the help of the GPS paid a visit to Starbeam. The aircon was a big attraction for me though wasn't on when we arrived around 11am and to be honest, wasn't needed at that time, surprisingly cool inside.

I had the meatballs and spaghetti while the wife did the Thai food thing. Good food with enormous serving, my plate could have fed the whole family!! Met Mike and his wife Wan? lovely people who made us feel very welcome indeed. Will definitely be back to sample the menu further. Looking forward to Mike opening the upstairs area soon which I believe will have large screen TV's for the sports etc.

All in all, a very good place, clean, friendly, good food and decent prices.

Good luck Mike.

P.S. Aircon was on later as it warmed up :)

Dave,

I still cannot get into Suringfarang site since the sever change. What's up? Is it finished yet? Need my surinfarang fix and info of what is going on as I can't get out and about much now with the new restaurant open.

Mike/Cent

Sorry Mike but Danny is on the case and I think he has a few suprises up his sleeve.

Watch this face :)

Dave

Good day gentlemen.........IMPORTANT NEWS ON SURIN PARTY

I have for a number of reasons handed over to Mike at Starbeams for the first official Surin Farang get together.golden smile

1) I think he needs the promotion and the run time as ,where as everybody knows where I am, not a lot of people know his place. And as Mike is a 'dam_n spifling chappie' he deserves all the breaks he can get.

2) I cannot take the chance that I might be in hospital for this momumental first piss-up, and quite frankly I don't think I will be up to it after The Elephant Show, Xmas and the New Year Party if I am there. Today I was turned away from hospital as I was too weak to take Chemo this week.

3) In the light of my illness I might be cutting down a little bit next year, Maybe closing on Tuesdays. But definately cutting down on our collosal menus.

Cheers to you all Martin (the 67kg git)

Dave,

Mike/Cent

Sorry Mike but Danny is on the case and I think he has a few suprises up his sleeve.

Watch this face :)

Dave

Delighted to find that Danny & Alan are revising surinfarang. Can't wait for the new forum to be up!! YAHOO!! December 15th everyone. Best to ya Dave! :D

Good day gentlemen.........IMPORTANT NEWS ON SURIN PARTY

I have for a number of reasons handed over to Mike at Starbeams for the first official Surin Farang get together.golden smile

1) I think he needs the promotion and the run time as ,where as everybody knows where I am, not a lot of people know his place. And as Mike is a 'dam_n spifling chappie' he deserves all the breaks he can get.

2) I cannot take the chance that I might be in hospital for this momumental first piss-up, and quite frankly I don't think I will be up to it after The Elephant Show, Xmas and the New Year Party if I am there. Today I was turned away from hospital as I was too weak to take Chemo this week.

3) In the light of my illness I might be cutting down a little bit next year, Maybe closing on Tuesdays. But definately cutting down on our collosal menus.

Cheers to you all Martin (the 67kg git)

Nice jesture Martin. Mike's place will be a decent venue for the get together. Get well.

Delighted to find that Danny & Alan are revising surinfarang. Can't wait for the new forum to be up!! YAHOO!! December 15th everyone. Best to ya Dave! :D

Shhhh dont tell anyone zzaa09 but its now the 12th

We like to suprise you see

:D

Dave

:) ....we like suprises. Keeps us on our toes.

NOVEMBER[/b]

ELEPHANT FESTIVAL

DECEMBER

05th. IQ Moderntrade free BBQ/Thai food/Beer & Music

25th xmasdinner farang connection

]JANUARY[/b]

2nd week SURINFARANG Party at STARBEAM (free booze and nosh for members)

You will see that I have added an invatation to all, at IQ Moderntrade, Surin. "Mr IQ" would like to thank the local farang (&prospective) customers for their service.

Music will be by our very on Peter(Spoons) & others?? and a free BBQ/Thai Curry&Rice and beers/cold drinks. It kicks off at 18.00hrs on the 5th Dec

Also ammended location of SurinFarang Party.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
DECEMBER

08th. IQ Moderntrade free BBQ/Thai food/Beer & Music

25th xmasdinner farang connection

]JANUARY[/b]

08th SURINFARANG Party at STARBEAM (free booze and nosh,13.00 to 17.00hrs)

You will see that I have added an invatation to all, at IQ Moderntrade, Surin. "Mr IQ" would like to thank the local farang (&prospective) customers for their service.

Music will be by our very on Peter(Spoons) & others?? and a free BBQ/Thai Curry&Rice and beers/cold drinks. It kicks off at 18.00hrs on the 5th Dec 8th Dec (prev date non-booze day)

Also ammended is the agreed date of the SurinFarang Party.

Dave

Music will be by our very on Peter(Spoons) & others?? and a free BBQ/Thai Curry&Rice and beers/cold drinks. It kicks off at 18.00hrs on the 5th Dec 8th Dec (prev date non-booze day)

Also ammended is the agreed date of the SurinFarang Party.

Dave

Is anyone going to the IQ do on the 8th?

I have clearance to go and an overnight stay!!! :)

Another update folks.....

DECEMBER

08th.IQ Moderntrade free BBQ/Thai food/Beer & Music

11th Starbeam 'open mic' music night

18th Norbby's 'open mic' music night

21st Rock's Coffee shop meet-up from Buriram Expats

25th Xmas Day

JANUARY

You will see that I have added Alternate Friday night 'open mic' music nights at either Starbeam & Norbby's restaurants.

Please note that the planned events at Farang Connection on 25th & 31st Dec have now been cancelled by Martin.

Can I just say that we all at SurinFarang, wish Martin lots of luck in fighting his Ailments. :)

Dave

Just to let anybody following this thread know, that the open mic at Norby's tonight is canceled. Danny's got strep throat. However, the dates for the 11th and the 18th are still on.

I have just been informed that it is STILL ON as all the others are fit and well according to Norby??

Bottlerocket were did you get this info from???

Dave

Another update folks.....

DECEMBER

08th.IQ Moderntrade free BBQ/Thai food/Beer & Music

11th Starbeam 'open mic' music night

18th Norbby's 'open mic' music night

21st Rock's Coffee shop meet-up from Buriram Expats

25th Xmas Day - Starbeam Restaurant providing a Xmas Menu

JANUARY

Please note that the planned events at Farang Connection on 25th & 31st Dec have now been cancelled by Martin.

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude