5 Star Hotel Bangkok

bartender100

and were did you get it?, feel like a bit of a spurge.

What about priceline.com anyone used that for Bangkok?

Whenever I'm looking to book a Hotel, whether it be 5 star or not, I always check prices at asiarooms.com, agoda.co.uk, and thehotelclub.com as well as checking with the Hotel direct. I'd always found asiarooms the best but that was up until their recent changes. They don't appear to be quite so good anymore. I'll now add priceline.co.uk to that checklist of mine. Thankyou.

Thanks for the reply's, the radison would be good for that price, but it is only 4 star rated.

Just been looking into this, Raddison have a best internet rate policy, if you find a better rate they will honor it AND give you a 25% discount, well for the nights i want Asia rooms are showing B1700 for a superior double including taxes , but the best rate on Raddison website is B2700 ++ so if i make a claim my room will be B1285. Anyone tried this?

http://www.radisson.com/lrg/home.do

Edited by bartender100

Yes, I have seen this too at the Radisson, which, by the way is an excellent hotel as I have stayed there before.

I have made an enquiry with them but what you need to do is actually make a booking with them direct and then submit a claim to state the lower rate with the evidence. Their customer services will then try to confirm that rate and if successful apply a discount of 25% of the lower rate by refund to your card.

For me it seems like if you book direct, at a higher rate, and they do not accept the lower rate you will need to either -

1). Have a rumble at check in (can't be bothered),

2). Cancel prior to travelling, incur a penalty and find an alternate hotel

3). or just book and accept whatever happens (lower rate or not).

As I say it is a very good hotel and even at 1700 baht it is cheap!