Cash

big Robbo

Hi, I am going to bangkok in may for 5 weeks and hoping to do a bit of traveling but i dont know what currency is best to take with me to exchange or am i better with traveler cheques :o also is the petchburi / phatunam area a good place to stay

Hi, I am going to bangkok in may for 5 weeks and hoping to do a bit of traveling but i dont know what currency is best to take with me to exchange or am i better with traveler cheques  :o  also is the petchburi / phatunam area a good place to stay

Your first question could be rephrased as 'which currency will appreciate the greatest against the baht during my stay'?

Hmmmm.

If anyone 'knows' the answer to this they should be too busy trading fx to answer.

If anyone says 'traveller's cheques" they shouldn't be too busy trading fx (ever).

The rest might consider using the site's search engine. Because as harryhacker says the question has "been discussed many times on here" & in many different guises...

Your second question might include a little more detail, if you'd like others to offer their opinions - ie., what exactly do you mean by "is the petchburi / phatunam area a good place to stay"

How would you define a good place to stay? What are your interests? Your requirements? Budget? Hotel or apartment? How long are you staying for and with whom - family? Alone? etc etc.

Good luck! :D

Hi, I am going to bangkok in may for 5 weeks and hoping to do a bit of traveling but i dont know what currency is best to take with me to exchange or am i better with traveler cheques   :o  also is the petchburi / phatunam area a good place to stay

Your first question could be rephrased as 'which currency will appreciate the greatest against the baht during my stay'?

Hmmmm.

If anyone 'knows' the answer to this they should be too busy trading fx to answer.

If anyone says 'traveller's cheques" they shouldn't be too busy trading fx (ever).

The rest might consider using the site's search engine. Because as harryhacker says the question has "been discussed many times on here" & in many different guises...

Your second question might include a little more detail, if you'd like others to offer their opinions - ie., what exactly do you mean by "is the petchburi / phatunam area a good place to stay"

How would you define a good place to stay? What are your interests? Your requirements? Budget? Hotel or apartment? How long are you staying for and with whom - family? Alone? etc etc.

Thanks for the advice i am a 43 year old male traveling alone i will be in thailand for five weeks and i saw a hotal on the internet for £9.00 a night and thought this was a good price for a 3 star hotel it is in petchburi road close to the world trade center i was wondering if it is walking distance to the shops and bars (good place to stay) as i will just chill out on my first week with some shopping and a few beers, or will i have to use a taxi or sky train. (not so good).

Hi, I am going to bangkok in may for 5 weeks and hoping to do a bit of traveling but i dont know what currency is best to take with me to exchange or am i better with traveler cheques   :o  also is the petchburi / phatunam area a good place to stay

Hmmmm.

Thanks for the advice i am a 43 year old male traveling alone i will be in thailand for five weeks and i saw a hotal on the internet for £9.00 a night and thought this was a good price for a 3 star hotel it is in petchburi road close to the world trade center i was wondering if it is walking distance to the shops and bars (good place to stay) as i will just chill out on my first week with some shopping and a few beers, or will i have to use a taxi or sky train. (not so good).

Whats the hotel called