Anti-flu Drug Ready For New Round Of A(h1n1) Flu

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your welcome. :) I spend too much time in TV.

For what it's worth, here is what Wiki says about Osiltamivir/Tamiflu resistance:

2009 Pandemic h1n1 (swine) flu

As of October 2009, only 39 out of over 10,000 samples of 2009 pandemic H1N1 (swine) flu tested worldwide have shown resistance to Oseltamivir.[27]

However, A study published in the 2009 June Issue of Nature Biotechnology emphasized the need for augmentation of oseltamivir (Tamiflu) stockpiles with additional antiviral drugs including zanamivir (Relenza) based on an evaluation of the performance of these drugs in the scenario that the 2009 H1N1 'Swine Flu' neuraminidase (NA) were to acquire the tamiflu-resistance mutation which is currently widespread in seasonal H1N1 strains[28]

[edit] Seasonal H1N1

According to the CDC, Tamiflu is not very effective in the 2008 seasonal H1N1 virus anymore due to acquired resistance in 99.6% of all 2008 seasonal H1N1 strains, up from 12% in 2007-2008 flu season.[29]

[edit] H3N2

Mutant H3N2 influenza A virus isolates resistant to oseltamivir were found in 18% of a group of 50 Japanese children treated with oseltamivir.[30] Several explanations were proposed by the authors of the studies for the higher-than-expected resistance rate detected. First, children typically have a longer infection period, giving a longer time for resistance to develop. Second, Kiso et al. claim to have used more rigorous detection techniques than previous studies.[30]

More Recently, as of October 3rd, 2009, none of the 264 H3N2 samples tested by the CDC have shown any signs of resistance to tamiflu.

[edit] Influenza B

In 2007, Japanese investigators detected neuraminidase-resistant Influenza B virus strains in individuals who had not been treated with these drugs. The prevalence was 1.7%.[31] According to the CDC, as of October 3rd, 2009 no influenza B strains tested have shown any resistance to tamiflu.

[edit] H5N1 avian influenza

High-level resistance has been detected in one girl suffering from H5N1 avian influenza in Vietnam. She was being treated with oseltamivir at time of detection.[32][33] de Jong et al. (2005) describe resistance development in two more Vietnamese patients suffering from H5N1, and compare their cases with six others. They suggest that the emergence of a resistant strain may be associated with a patient's clinical deterioration. They also note that the recommended dosage of oseltamivir does not always completely suppress viral replication, a situation that could favor the emergence of resistant strains. Moscona (2005) gives a good overview of the resistance issue, and says that personal stockpiles of Tamiflu could lead to under-dosage and thus the emergence of resistant strains of H5N1.[34]

Resistance is of concern in the scenario of an influenza pandemic (Wong and Yuen 2005), and may be more likely to develop in avian influenza than seasonal influenza due to the potentially longer duration of infection by novel viruses. Kiso et al. suggest that "a higher prevalence of resistant viruses should be expected" during a pandemic.[30]

A summery, it would seem, would be that it depends on which strain.

Edited by Scubabuddha

source_Reuters3.gif updated 2:02 p.m. ET Nov. 5, 2009 function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633930445442900000'); AMSTERDAM - Dutch authorities say they have banned use of a batch of Pfizer's Prevenar, or Prevnar, after three infants died within two weeks of receiving the anti-infection vaccination.

"On average about 5 to 10 deaths are reported annually after babies get vaccines," said a spokeswoman for the Dutch health institute RIVM.

"We now have three cases in a short period, that is unusual and the reason for suspending the batch."

Nurses Got Sick From the Swine Flu Vaccine

Johan Niklasson – via Health Freedom Alliance October 21, 2009

On October 20th, 30 people had been reporting to the authorities in Sweden that they experienced such severe side effects from the swine flu vaccine that they felt the need to contact a hospital. A day later the number was 140. The Swedish newspaper Expressen is the only one in Sweden reporting on these cases and as usual this is most likely only the tip of a rather large iceberg. According to Dagens Nyheter (Sweden's largest conservative newspaper) the number of reported side effects is over 190. One person died after the injection but “no direct relation with the injection has been established”. The biggest medical scandal in the history of Sweden has just started.

Cheerleader Gets A Flu Shot & Now She Can Only Walk Backwards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mScGC7nFDxM...ature=topvideos

This thread has entered a feed back loop. That was already posted here, along with a sweet love letter from thetravelling cat to me. :)

A woman can only walk backwards after getting a flu jab:

Immunologic Adjuvant

scuba by your own admission deserve everything you get from injections.

so the results are in

1. Tamiflu does not work

2. Vaccines work however there are serious side effects in some people

So is this thread over now?

It would be more accurate to say the viruses seen in the common 2008 seasonal flu have largley developed a resistance to Tamiflu (Oseltamivir). (Btw, the number 2 antiviral, Relenza (Zanamivir), works basicly the same as Tamiflu, is still effective)

The latest data shows Tamiflu/Oseltamivir is still effective against Swine flu A/H1N1, as well as many other active flu strains, such as H5N1, H3N2, including ALL type B (there are two types of flu, A, effecting mammels in general, and B, effecting mostly just humans.)

:)

Edited by Scubabuddha

Watch this space for the flood of anti-pharmaceutical ranting and claims of "It's all hype;" swine flu is not dangerous etc. etc.

In US one thousand people died at this point. On 60 minutes one high school football star went to an emergency room and still has to learn how to talk. I hate any short but, I am waiting for this swine flu short. We have private indurance but, we could not get it unless we go to the government hospital...so many people line up everyday..my take..

so the results are in

1. Tamiflu does not work

2. Vaccines work however there are serious side effects in some people

So is this thread over now?

It would be more accurate to say the viruses seen in the common 2008 seasonal flu have largley developed a resistance to Tamiflu (Oseltamivir). (Btw, the number 2 antiviral, Relenza (Zanamivir), works basicly the same as Tamiflu, is still effective)

The latest data shows Tamiflu/Oseltamivir is still effective against Swine flu A/H1N1, as well as many other active flu strains, such as H5N1, H3N2, including ALL type B (there are two types of flu, A, effecting mammels in general, and B, effecting mostly just humans.)

err hello sunshine this is near the end of 2009 and so 2008 is gone wake up or did u miss your shot!!! The virus has well and truly developed a resistance to Tamiflu. See latest reports. Japan has BARRED it from being given to children. Smart Japs.

ERR hello Relenza is a vapour breathed into the lungs - as a medical person you would know the difference between ingesting and inhaling ( I am glad your not looking after my meds)

NEWSFLASH earth to scubbabubbles MORE NITROX please. Viri are mutating and crossing the A B barrier. WAKE UP Tamiflu is not the answer. But keep pushing it.

FINAL POINT- i am convinced that you are a plant from ROCHE to peddle their junk on forums like this.

YOu and Al Gore are brothers!!!!!!!! ----- hint - there is no global warming but hey I'm gonna make a hel_l of a lot of money convincing people otherwise!!

err hello sunshine this is near the end of 2009 and so 2008 is gone wake up or did u miss your shot!!! The virus has well and truly developed a resistance to Tamiflu. See latest reports. Japan has BARRED it from being given to children. Smart Japs.

Correction: Only the seasonal flu viruses has developed resistance. Current seasonal Flu strains are often the same as previous years, and at the minimum they are very similar year to year, so my comment is both accurate and relevant. Read here for the whole Japanese issue http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle1549260.ece

"a spokesman for the EMEA said: "There is no warning equivalent in Europe for Tamiflu. The current situation is that we see there is no causal relationship between Tamiflu and these events."

""Reports of such events leading to death are extremely rare, occurring in around 1 out of every 5 million influenza patients treated....there is no scientific evidence of any link between the drug and the violent deaths."

ERR hello Relenza is a vapour breathed into the lungs - as a medical person you would know the difference between ingesting and inhaling ( I am glad your not looking after my meds)

The mode of intake is completely irrelevant, but as a non-medical person, I wouldn't expect you to know that.

FINAL POINT- i am convinced that you are a plant from ROCHE to peddle their junk on forums like this.

I really hope that's your final point, but I doubt it is.

So how do you explain the other 1000 non Tamiflu posts by me here? All part of the conspiracy eh? I will assume you were making a joke there, but if not I will refer you back to my above definition of paranoid schizophrenia.

YOu and Al Gore are brothers!!!!!!!! ----- hint - there is no global warming but hey I'm gonna make a hel_l of a lot of money convincing people otherwise!!

And suddenly everything becomes clear to me. Another climate change denier. I didn't know there were any of those left! Changing the topic is the first sign you have lost the argument. :D:D

Edited by Scubabuddha

So how do you explain the other 1000 non Tamiflu posts by me here? All part of the conspiracy eh? I will assume you were making a joke there, but if not I will refer you back to my above definition of paranoid schizophrenia.

All i can say is that you never listen to the facts and your statements are off the planet and not consistant ie "mode of intake is completely irrelevant" i suggest you qualify this with medical opinion!! This statement could mean that you can stick it up your bum and it will still work??? get real tosser.

so in a few months when all is revealed about this nonsense flu i think you should eat your hat in one of the bars you frequent in Phuket. MAybe you impress the BGS and other barflies with this nonsense so keep your forum there.

But please stop pretending to be a doctor and an advocate of the drug companies as you are dangerous in promoting these dangerous drugs.

So how do you explain the other 1000 non Tamiflu posts by me here? All part of the conspiracy eh? I will assume you were making a joke there, but if not I will refer you back to my above definition of paranoid schizophrenia. (OFF TOPIC TOSSER)

All i can say is that you never listen to the facts and your statements are off the planet and not consistant ie "mode of intake is completely irrelevant" i suggest you qualify this with medical opinion!! This statement could mean that you can stick it up your bum and it will still work??? get real tosser.

so in a few months when all is revealed about this nonsense flu i think you should eat your hat in one of the bars you frequent in Phuket. MAybe you impress the BGS and other barflies with this nonsense so keep your forum there.

But please stop pretending to be a doctor and an advocate of the drug companies as you are dangerous in promoting these dangerous drugs.

Blackjack,

You have degenerated this debate into a useless emotion filled name calling blather. (I had a serious point with paranoid schizophrenia, as many comments on this post by TV members here resemble the symptoms.) I now regret asking you to join this debate, as you clearly have nothing substantive, meaningful, or rational to add. I think (hope) you are educated enough to know exactly what I mean by "mode of intake is irrelevant", which is to say the difference between Tamiflu in pill form and Relenza in powder form, is, for the purpose of all our discussions here, completely irrelevant. They are a nearly identical drug. Hardly an "off the planet" comment as you suggest. Let me know if that still doesn't make sense to you and I will dumb it down further.

And if you prefer to take your medicine as a suppository, up to you. You can do the world a favor and do the same with all your comments here. For your own good I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself.

And for your ignorant and misguided quest, you should check out this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ten-Swine-Fl...es-t299139.html Your aluminum hat squad got beat up pretty bad. :)

I'll let you have the last word.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Blackjack,

You have degenerated this debate into a useless emotion filled name calling blather. (I had a serious point with paranoid schizophrenia, as many comments on this post by TV members here resemble the symptoms.) I now regret asking you to join this debate, as you clearly have nothing substantive, meaningful, or rational to add. I think (hope) you are educated enough to know exactly what I mean by "mode of intake is irrelevant", which is to say the difference between Tamiflu in pill form and Relenza in powder form, is, for the purpose of all our discussions here, completely irrelevant. They are a nearly identical drug. Hardly an "off the planet" comment as you suggest. Let me know if that still doesn't make sense to you and I will dumb it down further.

And if you prefer to take your medicine as a suppository, up to you. You can do the world a favor and do the same with all your comments here. For your own good I suggest you stop making a fool of yourself.

And for your ignorant and misguided quest, you should check out this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ten-Swine-Fl...es-t299139.html Your aluminum hat squad got beat up pretty bad. :)

I'll let you have the last word.

I am glad you are backing down in your rhetoric and advice to people as it is dangerous - mother at the medicine cabinet doctoring.

Sorry to add insult to your injured ego but Tamiflu can be given in an oral liquid form to the little people as well. Roche has thought of everything havent they. But you stated otherwise but lets not debate this as you were wrong (again) and I dont want to rub it in.

However, Tamiflu advises doctors and mums through the leaflet in the box that children shouldnt take it as it makes them sick!! (if you take it you throw up and if you dont take it you dont throw up) GOOD advise huh?

Also Japan has intelligently advised their children not to take Tamiflu at all. Too many psychological disorders and deaths. But hey maybe this was due to ROche advising the wrong dosage for Japanese metabolisms. (documented)

Moving onto another subject that you introduced to the forum weeks ago (totally off subject) and designed to shift the argument by naming the debate players as having paranoid schizophrenia) . You are now asserting that I " have degenerated this debate into a useless emotion filled name calling blather" and "that I now regret asking you to join this debate."

Well diddums and sorry petal but the World dont work like this - this is a forum and you (thank God) are not in any position to say who can join or say this or say that. So check your illusions of grandeur and keep repeating I am not a moderator, I am not a moderator, but one day when i grow up I might be.

SO WELCOME to the real World were people can debunk your first aid kit medical experience and advice on the Thaivisa Forum.

Finally, I dont belong to any aluminium hat squad as aluminium has been proven to advance Alzheimer's (sorry off topic and baiting)

Grand finale - I would like you to accept my apology for taking advantage of you as I can see from your replies and writing that English is your second language.

I will try to use basic english from now on and this may help level the debating field.

Not wanting to change the subject too much but still on the subject of virii - I was wondering why the World is using a vaccine to innoculate the World and not rolling out Tamiflu that you said was a preventative medicine. And why have you been the advocate for Tamiflu and telling others that this is a Tamiflu forum and not a vaccine forum.

I suppose now maybe you realise that Roche have a warehouse full of this stuff and need to flog it off to other poorer countries. It happens all the time.

Good grief - I just saw on the news that China is not using Tamiflu - wait neither is the USA - wait OMG it seems the whole world is moving across to vaccines to innoculate ALL their essential services personal. WHY is this?

SORRY BUBBLES you have missed the boat and are now floggin a dead horse.

As I said I will let you have the last word, (easy since you haven't said anything new) but I did want to thank you for that very comical last post. Put a smile on face. :D And this line gave me the greatest belly laughs any TV member ever has:

I would like you to accept my apology for taking advantage of you as I can see from your replies and writing that English is your second language.

Peace.

• 1 month later...

A groundbreaking article recently published in the British Medical Journal accuses Roche of misleading governments and physicians over the benefits of Tamiflu. Out of the ten studies cited by Roche, it turns out, only two were ever published in science journals. And where is the original data from those two studies? Lost.

The data has disappeared. Files were discarded. The researcher of one study says he never even saw the data. Roche took care of all that, he explains.

So the Cochrane Collaboration, tasked with reviewing the data behind Tamiflu, decided to investigate. After repeated requests to Roche for the original study data, they remained stonewalled. The only complete data set they received was from an unpublished study of 1,447 adults which showed that Tamiflu was no better than placebo. Data from the studies that claimed Tamiflu was effective was apparently lost forever.

full article here http://www.naturalnews.com/027734_Tamiflu_Roche.html

so now its official