Buffet Breakfast

ha55ha

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for somewhere to go a few mornings a week for a nice buffet breakfast. Would anyone like to recommend a nice hotel/apartment/guesthouse around the Chang Klan Rd area that they have been to and thought was nice?

I tried searching on here but was unable to find much, so any reply's would be grateful!

ps Or actually if anyone would just like to recommend anywhere in the city that they go for a nice breakfast that would also be very helpful :)

Cheers

Bake and Bite is on Chang Klan road very near to the Sri Don Chai Road intersection. It and Art Cafe probably have the best American breakfasts in the city with Egg's Benedict, hash brown potatoes, butter milk bisquits, pancakes, waffles, French toast, oatmeal and omelettes.

It is not a buffett, but the price is reasonable and much better quality.

Free parking for one hour.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for somewhere to go a few mornings a week for a nice buffet breakfast. Would anyone like to recommend a nice hotel/apartment/guesthouse around the Chang Klan Rd area that they have been to and thought was nice?

I tried searching on here but was unable to find much, so any reply's would be grateful!

ps Or actually if anyone would just like to recommend anywhere in the city that they go for a nice breakfast that would also be very helpful :)

Cheers

The empress hotel has one of the best brunches I have found in Chiang Mai.

Empress Hotel

66-053 270240

199/42 Changklan Road

Chiang Mai, 50100

Thailand

For 180 baht a year the Empress/Park/Downtown Inn sell a Gold card, giving you 15% off the restaurant bill and discounts on hotel stays etc. It's a good deal if you are a buffet person. They have a buffet bfkst and brunch following.

Oh, if you like another choice, try Nang Nual for Buffet Lunch, another excellent deal.

Edited by cecco

The empress hotel has one of the best brunches I have found in Chiang Mai.

Empress Hotel

66-053 270240

199/42 Changklan Road

Chiang Mai, 50100

Thailand

For 180 baht a year the Empress/Park/Downtown Inn sell a Gold card, giving you 15% off the restaurant bill and discounts on hotel stays etc. It's a good deal if you are a buffet person. They have a buffet bfkst and brunch following.

Oh, if you like another choice, try Nang Nual for Buffet Lunch, another excellent deal.

If you mean Nang Nual in Nong Hoy, it closed about 6 months ago. :)

Thanks a lot for the replies. Does anyone know any of the prices for the buffet breakfasts? If not I don't mind going to try them all out each morning anyway :)

Also, where is Bake and Bite exactly? I drive down Chang Klan probably 5 times a day but still have never seen it!

Thanks a lot for the replies. Does anyone know any of the prices for the buffet breakfasts? If not I don't mind going to try them all out each morning anyway :)

Also, where is Bake and Bite exactly? I drive down Chang Klan probably 5 times a day but still have never seen it!

It is past Sridornchai on the left side before Kasikorn Bank. Easy to miss as it is small. I've passed it by many times and had to turn around. Also there is a new location which I think is her home. It is really nice there but I can not possibly give directions as you have to make many turns on many sois in order to get there. She has a map at the other locations.

About 50 metres after the traffic lights at Panthip plaza, on the left-hand side of the road. It's at the end of the block that has the closed-down cinema.

he was talking about a BUFFET Breakfast: B-U-F-F-E-T

that means: he did NOT want to know about a "regular" breakfast from a menu.

he is as well did not want to know about a "LUNCH-Buffet"

:)

to say something usefull and to add one to the real BUFFET-BREAKFAST:

the SURAWONG hotel is doing a relatively inexpensive buffet breakfast, as does the CENTARA DUANGTAWAN, at a much higher price though. both are right next to ChangKlan.

Royal Princess (Dusit group) at Changklan ist certainly not bad too, though I don't have first hand experience there.

but you have a plethora of options in this area to suit any size of wallet and taste.....

enjoy !

Yes indeed, he did say" buffet". Clearly a man who prefers his fried eggs and bacon cold,limp and leathery. One or two do have an egg station but they still have no idea how to cook a fried egg.They never ladle hot fat over it to cook the yolk. But Thais are quite used to cold fried eggs. And you're just lumbered with the cold bacon, beans and tomatoes.

You really can't beat somewhere like Bake and Bite and better still, Art Cafe for HOT plates of Bacon, tomatoes and cooked fried eggs. But that's only if you don't prefer it all cold.

Edited by Asmerom

he is as well did not want to know about a "LUNCH-Buffet"

:)

the SURAWONG hotel is doing a relatively inexpensive buffet breakfast, as does the CENTARA DUANGTAWAN, at a much higher price though. both are right next to ChangKlan.

Royal Princess (Dusit group) at Changklan ist certainly not bad too, though I don't have first hand experience there.

but you have a plethora of options in this area to suit any size of wallet and taste.....

enjoy !

Gee thats very strange..... on my computer screen the OP's last sentence read as follows ..... "ps Or actually if anyone would just like to recommend anywhere in the city that they go for a nice breakfast that would also be very helpful "

now I would think that that meant that he wanted to know about breakfasts or any sort,,,,, buffet or non buffet....

But then again to understand that it would take a person with a brain bigger than his mouth and not having the desire to jump all over another poster, just to show their own stupidity...

on my computer screen the OP's last sentence read as follows ..... "ps Or actually if anyone would just like to recommend anywhere in the city that they go for a nice breakfast that would also be very helpful "

now I would think that that meant that he wanted to know about breakfasts or any sort,,,,, buffet or non buffet....

As usual, Gonzo is right. :)

Clearly a man who prefers his fried eggs and bacon cold,limp and leathery. One or two do have an egg station but they still have no idea how to cook a fried egg.They never ladle hot fat over it to cook the yolk. But Thais are quite used to cold fried eggs.

At the risk of diverting the thread temporarily, I was impressed today to see (in Tesco-foodcourt) a young lady cooking a flower-shaped fried-egg, using a metal-shape and a hotplate. Whatever next ? ! :)

Clearly a man who prefers his fried eggs and bacon cold,limp and leathery. One or two do have an egg station but they still have no idea how to cook a fried egg.They never ladle hot fat over it to cook the yolk. But Thais are quite used to cold fried eggs.

At the risk of diverting the thread temporarily, I was impressed today to see (in Tesco-foodcourt) a young lady cooking a flower-shaped fried-egg, using a metal-shape and a hotplate. Whatever next ? ! :)

I prefer the star-shaped ones myself, they're a dam_n sight tastier.

the SURAWONG hotel is doing a relatively inexpensive buffet breakfast, (What is the price please) as does the CENTARA DUANGTAWAN, at a much higher price though. both are right next to ChangKlan.

enjoy !