Bike Checks Today On Sukumvit

JimsKnight

Just been heading out on my daily adventures.

Where the Highway police base is between Pattaya Klang and Tai on Sukumvit they were carrying out vehicle checks. Bikes and cars.

A whole phalanx of us were pulled on in and checked out.

Be careful if your bike is 'hot' or dodgy.

I showed them the tax and bike license and he was asking what CC my bike was. I told him 400 and he was considering taking it further. He got distracted and I slowly moved away. He didn't have a problem with that. But I could tell he was wishing he'd hit me for my green book (which is legit).

Pull on over or don't travel down sukky for a while if your unsure :)

Yeah, I was expecting a green book hit but they didn't seem fussed at all. Just license and tax.

I really think they just go with whatever the flow of crackdowns come down from up high.

Some time in the future another one might come, but not yet it seems.

Pull on over or don't travel down sukky for a while if your unsure :)

They do bike checks all over town. This week I've seen them doing it on Pattaya Tai near Soi Buakhao, 3rd Road near the overpass (frequently done here), Beach Road near roundabout, 3rd Road near Excite Disco.

There's point trying to avoid them. Just keep your papers in order and don't worry about them. Once they see your documents they are quick to wave you on. They are NOT picking on foreigners as mostly I'll ride through where dozens of Thais have been stopped. Having no helmet will assure you of being pulled over quickly.

They do bike checks all over town. This week I've seen them doing it on Pattaya Tai near Soi Buakhao, 3rd Road near the overpass (frequently done here), Beach Road near roundabout, 3rd Road near Excite Disco.

There's point trying to avoid them. Just keep your papers in order and don't worry about them. Once they see your documents they are quick to wave you on. They are NOT picking on foreigners as mostly I'll ride through where dozens of Thais have been stopped. Having no helmet will assure you of being pulled over quickly.

Yes this is true. At least twice a week they are on Pattaya Tai just before Tukcom. Usually they pull over 20 or 30 at a time, Thais and Falangs. The tax cert is all they wanted from me. I wanted to show off my spiffy new 5 year license but he wasnt interested in that :) . No problems, just waved me on. Obviously its a must to wear a helmet.

Edited by Rumcabal
repared quote