Uk Income Tax Refund!

Hi

A couple of days ago I got an e mail on a very official looking UK revenue site informing me that following my recent tax filing I was entitled to a refund of £980.27p just click here to download form and submit.

I smelt a bit of a rat as there was no reference to my name or any tax ref/ NI number. But mainly because I am such a cheap Charlie I know exactly to the penny who owes whom what and when, I owe them not visa versa!

So I queried it with my accountant who confirmed that a lot of these e mails are flying about and to delete it and they would advise HMRC accordingly.

I never did get to click download form so have no idea of the implications.

So beware!

TBWG :)

Hi

A couple of days ago I got an e mail on a very official looking UK revenue site informing me that following my recent tax filing I was entitled to a refund of £980.27p just click here to download form and submit.

I smelt a bit of a rat as there was no reference to my name or any tax ref/ NI number. But mainly because I am such a cheap Charlie I know exactly to the penny who owes whom what and when, I owe them not visa versa!

So I queried it with my accountant who confirmed that a lot of these e mails are flying about and to delete it and they would advise HMRC accordingly.

I never did get to click download form so have no idea of the implications.

So beware!

TBWG :)

Good Advice....further to yours is.....The UK Tax Office HMRC DOES NOT Contact by Email.

(I asked them to contact me when we were sorting out the wrong tax code and that was what I was told)

yes it could be a scam, but there are alot of companies out there in the UK who provide this service, if you do think you are owed any tax over the past 5 years, just google ' UK income tax return ' , they work on a no return no fee basis .. alot of my friends have used such compaines and have pocket a few hundred to thousands of pounds

Good Advice....further to yours is.....The UK Tax Office HMRC DOES NOT Contact by Email.

(I asked them to contact me when we were sorting out the wrong tax code and that was what I was told)

Correct, I received notification of overpayment of taxes with my notification of assessment by snail mail. The only problem being it gave me all the good words on how to pay THEM but four tenths of phi alpha on how they pay ME. :)

There is nowhere on the tax return form where they ask you for an e mail contact unless you add it if you file your return on line which I totally refuse to do no matter how "easy" they claim it to be.