Travel By Bus To Nakhon Phanom

Nowhereman60

I am looking for any recommendations on buses to Nakhon Phanom actually final destination is Tat Phanom from Bangkok. I live in Thailand so I have taken buses before but only to the South. I prefer something like the government 24 passenger VIP bus. Does anyone have any information or recommendations on a good company or should I take the government bus from Mo Chit. If you know cost that would be helpful also.

The one and only time I have bused it from Bangkok was during the PAD occupation of the Airport, so not very recent sorry.

I departed from Mo-chit, when the taxi drops you off on the second floor if you hang a right there is a VIP bus company located in one of the booths (sorry can't remember the name). The bus was very comfortable with 24 or so seats loads of leg room, cost was around 800- 850 baht if my memory serves me correctly. This included the food coupon for the stop in Korat and a bottle or two of water.

Your other option although slightly more expensive, fly to Udon with Air Asia approx 1000 baht and then bus it from there. The bus journey from Udon takes about five hours or so.

Once you get to Nakhon Phanom, jump on the bus to Mukdahan it stops in Tat Phanom approximately one-one and a half hours.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

Hi Nowhereman60

What Mr Conrad Has stated is about right, but you can get the VIP coach from Mo-Chit to That Phanom direct

Coach leaves twice a day, 999 is the right coach company as Mr Conrad correctly stated

The overnight bus is ok, stops around midnight for a VIP meal near Kohn Kean VIP being something warm with rice

Arriving in That at around 04-30 - 05-30 depending on traffic,

Day time coach is a good way to see the north eastern area very well

I have used it a few times when unable to fly into Nakhon Phanom

Which may be a better idea 45 min flight from BKK and around 45km from That Phanom, If you are visiting family get them to collect you as there is no taxi service in Nakhon Phanom airport, Bus from Nakhon Bus station every 30 mins to That Phanom, but you cant get to the bus station from the airport without transport

I may be able to help arrange a car to pick you up and take you to That Phanom from Nakhon Phanom airport PM Me if I can help

Any other info etc on That Phanom required feel free to ask

Shaggs

The Renu Nakhon VIP bus from Mo Chit also stops in That Phanom. I'm not sure about frequency as I always take the 7:30 pm, arrives in TP 5:30 - 6:30 am. I recommend buying your ticket in advance as the bus is usually full. The last time I took it I bought my ticket 4 days in advance and got the last seat but it was a holiday - it's usually not that bad. Very comfortable ride.