Transit At Bkk Airport

Hello,

Please help me guys. This is very urgent.

I am a passport holder of India, currently residing in Taipei, Taiwan.

I am flying to Kolkata (India) via Bangkok. Here are my flight details:-

Taipei -> Bangkok (ThaiAirAsia) Reach at 8.50pm

Bangkok -> Kolkata (Air India flight operated by Thai Airways Intl, it is a code shared flight)

Departing Bangkok at 11.25 pm same night.

So I have about 2.5 hours time at Bangkok airport. I do not have any check-in luggage with me. Only one hand bag.

I have following queries:-

1. Do I need to go through passport control/immigration to check-in for my Air India flight after I arrive at Suvarnabhoomi? Or is there any facility/check-in

counter of Air India (or Thai Airways?) without going to pass through immigration check?

2. If I have to get through immigration do I need any Visa for just check-in to another flight after 2.5 hours. If I need Visa, can I get a Transit visa on arrival?

How much time it would take to get visa on arrival and check-in again at Air India check-in counter? Is 2.5 hours enough (I do not have any checked luggage)? How much is the transit visa fees?

3. I have heard about Cabinet's decision to waive transit visa www.airportsuvarnabhumi.com/special-tour-packages-for-transfer-passengers-at-suvarnabhumi-airport-bangkok-thailand/

Am I eligible for this? Do I still need transit visa?

Any help will be deeply appreciated. Kindly reply ASAP as I am flying in a week.

Thanks!

your itinerary should be doable under normal circumstances. yes you will of course need to pass Thai immigration and that can be time-consuming indeed.

I don't know about the VISA requirements for Indian nationals, but there is a VISA ON ARRIVAL counter just before u reach the Immigration counters. no idea though how long u would have to queue there before they issue your VOA, in case u need one.

maybe better try to inquire at an Indian-based Forum.

as far as I know, there are Indian Forums on Thailand for the large local Indian community too..... but u better google for it

I'm not absolutely sure not having a need at Swampy but in other countries I've arrived (e.g. Dubai) the Visa On Arrival counter is for people who have applied for it prior to arrival to collect the visa.

The few times I've applied for a "Visa on Arrival," such as at Phnom Penh, it's been for people who arrive without a visa, not for picking one up. Vientiane and Luang Prabang the same, Siem Reap, too. And at the Lao side of the bridge from Nong Khai, Savannakhet, Ban Houei Sai, all the same.

Fill out the visa application at the VOA counter, hand in with your $$, passport, and photo. Wait a bit, and your passport comes back with the visa. Proceed to Immigration and out the door.

Mac

Visa On Arrival is just that, you get a visa for 15 days on your arrival. You can't apply for it before you arrive.

You will need a ticket and show money for your stay. The visa itself is free.

You might be able to transfer without going trough immigration.

Why would he need to pass through immigration to check into a TG codeshare?

So would I need to pass immigration or not?

What does a codeshare flight mean? My ticket says flight is operated by Thai Airways Intl but has flight code of AI 6313. I have booked with Air India. So where do I check in? Air India counter or Thai Airways counter? Do both of these airlines have a transfer desk check-in facility?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

What does a codeshare flight mean? My ticket says flight is operated by Thai Airways Intl but has flight code of AI 6313. I have booked with Air India. So where do I check in? Air India counter or Thai Airways counter? Do both of these airlines have a transfer desk check-in facility?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

sorry, but what about just CALLING AIR INDIA or your local THAI AIR office to find out ?

none of us works for Thai immigration, so in the end all information given here is probably inaccurate and u cannot rely on that...... better be safe than sorry

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

I ask that because you arrive and leave on international flights with no luggage. Logic would suggest you just go and transfer rather than pass through passport control twice, but that's not to say that's what actually happens.. I would call AI, but I think you should be able to do this assuming Thai AirAsia uses the normal terminals etc.

Edit: I just read q3.. You won't really have time to do a tour of the city, so that doesn't come into it.. You don't need a transit visa just to stay airside.

Edited by tw25rw

• 2 weeks later...

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

I ask that because you arrive and leave on international flights with no luggage. Logic would suggest you just go and transfer rather than pass through passport control twice, but that's not to say that's what actually happens.. I would call AI, but I think you should be able to do this assuming Thai AirAsia uses the normal terminals etc.

Edit: I just read q3.. You won't really have time to do a tour of the city, so that doesn't come into it.. You don't need a transit visa just to stay airside.

This thread is waste of time and space here,some replies as well.Why he wants to go through immigration for 2 hrs transit and when to do city tour?Better get sobber before posting anything here,some sleep will do as well.May be he is 10yrs old boy travelling on his own?