Snapshot Challenge #2 Food

Kan Win

I thought Payboy's shot was excellent. However, thanks; and thanks to Kan Win for organising.

Given this is a snapshot competition and is meant to encourage more people to enter, I thought I should choose a subject which is easy to find, easy to photograph, but also capable of some creative work for those who can be bothered.

So the next Snapshot Challenge is FOOD.

You could just take a snap of your last meal, but hopefully people will work on composition and lighting to show us food in interesting new ways.

Here are some food photos as an example:

http://www.studio212photo.com/photographs.html

Thank you 'hughden', good choice. :)

So it is Food. Lets not only think about food on a plate, but also Food as in food stalls, and food in general terms either raw or cooked food items as well can be included.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Presumably non-Thai food is ok too?

Hi 'katana',

Yes, as long as the photo was taken in Thailand. Chinese Table, European food, Veggie, Fish and Meat Market and the list goes on and on so please get your camera out and post away.

We have had a 'Thai-Food' Challenge already, now it is time for a real 'Food' :) Snapshot Challenge.

Each photo must not be older than 3 months, NO PP allowed "only to crop and/or resizing".

Thanking you, :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

• 2 weeks later...

Strange way to spend a morning. A piece of fruit, a bag of snacks, a sheet of plastic and a black cloth.

First two are shot with the Panasonic LX3 using the 1:1 aspect ratio mode and vibrant colour setting. Used flash to add a bit of light. There is a blown-out area top left which I would remove if I was allowed to post-process. The last shot with the LX3 in 16:9 aspect ratio mode with vibrant colour on a plastic sheet to give some reflection.

And then I ate everything (apart from the camera)!

post-3752-1259565911_thumb.jpg

post-3752-1259565971_thumb.jpg

post-3752-1259566007_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to Kan Win for setting up this and other challenges.

In an often thankless world just wanted to take time to say Thanks :D

Food1.jpg

:D:):D

Ta mate :D.

The Smilies say much more that a thousand words me think :D

Sawadee Khrap :D